PushBlack is the nation's largest media advocacy organization for Black Americans, currently serving 9 million people monthly across all platforms. We use the power of narrative, especially Black History, to educate and activate our subscribers to build their personal power and create lasting economic and political change.
In 2021, PushBlack grew to 5.9M subscribers on Facebook Messenger and 500K followers on Instagram. We also ran the nation’s largest GOTV campaign for Black Americans. In May 2020, we launched Black History Year, our critically acclaimed podcast, which has received over 3M downloads. In January 2022, we launched the pilot season of our finance podcast, Building Black Dollars. We’re at 17k downloads already. As we continue building our podcasting network, many more shows that we produce will serve our wide listenership.
We‘re hiring a diligent and dedicated Administrative Assistant to be a supportive force in the CEO’s office. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the CEO, the Administrative Assistant will manage complex calendars, take minutes at meetings, coordinate internal and external meetings, manage multiple email accounts and provide administrative support. This requires excellent communication skills, discretion, maturity, professionalism, and sound judgment.
The ideal candidate for this position is deeply committed to challenging and disrupting dynamics of white dominant culture in the workplace. The candidate has experience managing confidential information with discretion and is a systems thinker who enjoys iterative work and wants to have input and an impact. The ideal candidate is comfortable working behind the scenes, supporting the person in the spotlight, and takes pride in seeing the team excel. This opportunity will expose the right candidate to a full range of business development work and an opportunity to grow within the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serving as the point of contact between the CEO’s office and key internal and external stakeholders
- In partnership with the Executive Assistant, manage the daily calendar for the CEO, including scheduling, confirming and preparing for meetings
- Planning meetings, developing agendas, organizing logistics, and taking detailed minutes
- Occasionally assisting with administrative-related errands in the metro Atlanta area such as mailings (if applicable)
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Assistant and the Chief of Staff
- Managing special projects
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills + Experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience providing administrative support
- Excellent administrative, organizational and digital skills
- Strong communication, listening and influencing skills
- Experience using a high degree of discretion
- Attention to detail, deadline oriented and keen ability to problem solve
- Ability to execute independently
- Ability to prioritize actions to align with the CEO’s priorities
This Would Put You Over The Top
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Tallie, Trello, and/or other online productivity tools
- Whether you love your couch or your desk, it doesn’t matter. We’re 100% Remote!
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision insurances
- Retirement savings account (401K) with tiered matching contributions
- Three weeks’ (15 PTO days) paid vacation in the first year of service; four weeks (20 PTO days) in subsequent years. Ten (10) Sick days and 3 Floating Holidays every year.
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays including Juneteenth, as well as a Winter holiday for the last week of the year
- Annual taxable work-from-home stipend ($4,800)
- Annual professional development budget ($1,750 of which $500 can roll over each year)
- School loan repayment assistance support up to $200 monthly for undergraduate loans or up to $300 for graduate loans
- Parental Leave during new child’s first year
Let's Talk Salary: The pay range is $47,730 - $60142