It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Analyst II will be responsible for performing accurate and timely procedures related to day to day billing and invoicing functions in both the real-time and testing environments. This position serves as the technical liaison between the area and other departments within the companies Health Plan Services segment.
Specific job duties may include, but are not limited to the performance of the following:
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Execute and assist in the premium billing, reconciliation, accounts receivable and accounting processes
- Test and implement new, existing, and unused system functionality documenting outcomes and /or open appropriate tickets for resolution
- Monitor and correct account balances and prepare late and collection notices to members and employer groups as needed
- Ensure monthly premium bills are accurate and complete
- Be comfortable working with large sets of data
- Be comfortable corresponding and communicating with groups, members, brokers, and clients
- Taking initiative and bringing up any issues with your supervisor for which the corrective action is uncertain
- Learning, understanding, and /or developing of Evolent policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot and correct premium and AR problems, identifying variance and implementing corrective actions
- Develop and execute applications to calculate pro-rated premiums, and APTC payments, and other supplemental payments
- Develop and document analytical procedures to identify errors and determine root cause
- Work with the enrollment and configuration teams to make corrections to member and group records
- Review documentation (such as release notes) of various Aldera system upgrades
- Research existing system functionality to determine whether unused functionality can be leveraged to improve business processes
- Create ad hoc reports as necessary
- Adhere to internal control procedures
- Proactively manage and ensure compliance with control objectives
- Ability to obtain revenue by resolving discrepancies
- Support internal/external auditors
- Actively pursue continuous knowledge development
- Moderate supervision while working under defined guidelines
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a related position
- Understanding of generally accepting accounting principles, accounting methods, and audit procedures, financial planning, and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary include the ability to work well within a team that includes all levels within the organization
- Self-directed with strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and quality orientation
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience in healthcare accounting or auditing
- Knowledge of health insurance premiums billing and accounts receivable
- Experience in a high-volume accounting environment highly desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) is required.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to include root cause analysis.
- Analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
During the current pandemic Evolent employees are working remotely from home. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.