Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
What You'll Do
- Monitor and maintain vendor activities, ensure timely payments to vendors
- Vendor Management: Work with our security and IT team to ensure a clean vendor and asset management processes are established
- Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated
- ERP: control and upload our subsidiaries statements (UK, Germany) in the ERP
- Financial Reporting: Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for payroll, AP, cash, internal software capitalisation, equity accruals, inter-company, and all other balance sheet accounts
- Drive process improvements and contribute to Cobalt’s transformation projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, reducing manual touch points
- Design and implement operating procedures, policies, internal controls, and workflows to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our operational accounting
- Seek to improve the efficiency of our Finance Operations
- Bachelor's degree in business / finance / accounting.
- 4+ years working with accounting, controlling and/or finance operations
- Experience working with external advisors (accounting & tax firms) to ensure compliance reporting
- Proficient with Excel
- A bias for action. You thrive in an environment that changes fast. You are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and get the work done yourself, if needed
- A mind for business value and connecting pieces to broader strategic context
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new skills fast
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with Paylocity, Netsuite, Airbase, Pleo
- A CPA license, public accounting and SaaS revenue model experience is a big plus
- Experience at a tech startup
- Background at an international accounting firm
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off, and 16-weeks of paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
- Explore the world with our travel bonus payouts at your 2, 3, and 5 year anniversary