The Associate Manager, Compliance is responsible for supporting R+F business continuity and growth by ensuring Consultant compliance with the Rodan + Fields Policies & Procedures, Compensation Plan and other Terms & Conditions. Working in conjunction with the Chief Legal Officer or other members of the Legal Team, as directed, and keeping in tune with regulatory developments and evolving needs of the business, the Associate Manager, Compliance will implement and execute appropriate field-focused and internal communications and timely, proportionate corrective measures to reduce the incidence of Consultant infractions and mitigate company risk related to policy and regulatory violations. The Associate Manager, Compliance will supervise a team of Compliance staff who monitor social media, respond to emails and telephone inquiries from Rodan + Fields Independent Consultants, investigate complaints and reported infractions, and take other measures to ensure the successful running of the business in compliance with laws governing the direct selling channel, including providing cross-functional input and teamwork with Commissions, Customer Care, and other stakeholders.
This position is a 100% remote-based in SF Bay Area.
- Ensure Compliance team operations are running optimally, and processes and procedures are being followed.
- Develop, coach, and supervise the duties, goals, and performance of the Compliance team; including routine one-on-ones with direct reports as well as hosting team meetings and mentoring for success.
- Establish and maintain an infrastructure to track, report and advise on all matters involving Consultant compliance with the Company’s Policies & Procedures, Compensation Plan and other Terms & Conditions.
- Oversee the compliance investigation and grievance complaint procedures including:
- Optimizing response protocols, including priorities and committed response times.
- Maintaining written and voice records.
- Thoroughly researching each aspect of the complaint / grievance, ensuring information is accurate and relevant.
- Drafting responses and assisting Compliance team and other R+F personnel to draft responses that conform with and support the spirit of the Policies, the Company’s values, the legal environment and a consistent approach.
- Provide a monthly compliance summary update to executive management.
- Interpret and clarify rules and regulations for Independent Consultants as stated in the Policies & Procedures and Terms & Conditions.
- Propose enhancements to Policies & Procedures, Terms & Conditions and Consultant Application and manage the process to update the documents when business condition warrant.
- Develop word tracks for personnel who interact with the Field of Consultants and hold staff trainings on matters of policy and compliance.
- Provide guidance to R+F on any adjustments needed to corporate business practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations affecting the direct selling channel.
- Manage and guide the development of the Compliance team through one-on-one engagement and a development planning process.
- Manage and track Consultantships transferring from individual to business entities and ensure actions are in accordance with Policies & Procedures.
- Conduct and/or manage cross-sponsor checks to minimize Consultant and Preferred Customer line switching.
- Monitor sales of R+F Products on third party sites and devise strategies to reduce such sales.
- Monitor the proper use of R+F trademarks, product and income claims and other Consultant activity and advertising practices on the internet via self-search or contract with 3rd party.
- Manage and respond to correspondence and complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure consistency amongst policies, systems, processes etc.
- Analytical Thinking—Analyzing and interpreting statistical data, focusing on details, relating various pieces of information together, identifying trends, and understanding the root cause of problems as well as successes.
- Problem Solving—Generating effective solutions to problems, considering unique aspects of situations, negotiating appropriate compromises, suggesting alternative solutions, and balancing business needs with individual needs (e.g., team member needs, customer needs.)
- Communication—Convey written information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents. Convey information orally, in such a way that the recipient(s) comprehend(s) the message.
- Investigative Expertise-Ability to gather facts, conduct interviews and analyze a situation to make a determination regarding competing versions of what has transpired.
- Strong Ethical Core—Understanding of what is “the right thing to do” and consistently applying that understanding in practice.
- Tact and Grace Under Pressure—Ability to handle difficult situations while keeping a control over emotions and reactions.
- Bachelor’s degree desired; or 5 years of regulatory/compliance experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory/management experience in a professional environment, preferred.
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong coaching skills; ability to deliver coaching in an effective manner.
- High degree of flexibility in order to function under varied time-lines.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolve.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels, with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and practical knowledge of internet navigation and research.
- Strong customer service focus with excellent interpersonal skills; professional, courteous, friendly, and empathetic.
- Direct Selling industry experience a plus
- Unquestioned integrity
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.