What We Do
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world's best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
About the Role
We are seeking a detail-oriented Introduction to Business Content Creator who is passionate about education. You will be creating educational material for students in an online, college-level business course. You will be utilizing company and existing materials to assist with content development and create assessment material, such as quizzes and exams.
This is an approximately six-month position that will require communication with the in-house content team and instructors. This is a remote, part-time contract role (around 25 hours per week) with a flexible schedule, reporting to our Course Development Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Create original content for the business course through means of adaptation
- Develop assessment materials based on course learning outcomes
- Identify key concepts that are essential and critical for the course
- Produce exams, quizzes, question banks, and pre-quizzes
- Assist with alignment among all materials including lectures, Active Learning, and assessments
- Work closely with business instructors involved in the production of Outlier courses
- Collaborate with video producers to help bridge the connection between course content and video
- Review course material and provide feedback on clarity, educational value, and other academic benchmarks
Who You Are
- A seasoned educator with an MBA or MS/Ph.D. in a relevant field
- An understanding of content development of educational materials
- Superb ability to convey introductory-level business concepts
- Keen eye for detail, particularly with regard to grammatical and analytical accuracy as well as consistency and clarity
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve, but also comfortable asking questions
- Ability to identify areas of potential improvement to ensure student success
- Excellent communicator
- Hard-working, with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Proficiency in G Suite, Mac OS
Please note: Outlier.org hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans, among others—we welcome and encourage all applicants. One of Outlier.org’s goals is for our team and culture to reflect the diverse student populations we serve. We remain committed to recognizing the best talent wherever it may be.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.