The Business Development Events Manager will lead and execute on the management of trade show and event strategies to increase our national conference, tradeshow and brand presence while maximizing panel and keynote speaker participation, lead generation and awareness of CareSource among our target key stakeholder BD/SDOH/CBO target audiences.
- Maintain and manage national industry conference/tradeshow tracking list, managing all aspects of executing on all logistics
- Lead strategic communication and positioning efforts with creative ideas to position CareSource to break through the clutter of other competitors present
- Establish and maintain relationships with key conference and tradeshow planning conferences, representing CareSource in the management of relationships with conference planners and booth designers
- Support the Business Development strategy and Medicaid pipeline, in collaboration with management, to ensure goals are successfully achieved
- Manage speaker engagements, working closely with cross-functional CareSource Teams to achieve growth activity goals and key subject matter expert presenters, panelists/keynote speakers at national events
- Leverage from key federal/state agencies re: grant and partnership opportunities which could foster calls for presentation at upcoming conferences and tradeshows
- Manage tradeshow promotional item identification and ordering with a creative eye toward favorable positioning of CareSource
- Work with internal teams to develop marketing opportunities within community, health centers, advocacy groups and physician/hospital groups nationwide
- Periodically train colleagues on logistics, expectations and needs for upcoming conference/tradeshow they are working
- Manage event staffing and assignments
- Ability to work events by educating influencers and key stakeholders within targeted geographies on all CareSource offers
- Maintain active prospects list in CRM and submit weekly account activity recaps
- Responsible for consistent execution and adherence of all departmental policies, processes, and procedures
- Coordinate and manage the marketing, planning and logistics of national conferences/trade show events across the U.S.
- Drive the efforts with BD team and subject matter experts across the CareSource enterprise to identify which conferences/tradeshows are strategically critical as well as determine the product/service focus and booth support needed to ensure a quality experience for booth visitors
- Manage and execute the following:
- Annual budget development and ongoing expense tracking
- Securing the venue, planning the layout, and working with suppliers to meet deadlines for booth space, rentals, labor, shipping, etc.
- Arranging travel and accommodation logistics
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop tradeshow promotional plans –including email, advertising, and social media campaigns—designed to increase company awareness and key stakeholder connections
- Manage and attend conferences/tradeshows as required, including overseeing booth setup and tear down, and all booth activities to ensure that the event operates smoothly
- Work with CareSource participants to ensure leads are distributed and followed up in a timely manner; monitor leads to close
- Conduct, communicate, and document post-show analysis, including metrics
- Manage, maintain, and recommend continuous improvements for all booth properties and convention assets to ensure alignment with the CareSource brand and graphic identity, and to effectively engage with diverse target audiences
- Assure proper use of any supporting technology including SAF, iPhone and any future use of CRM
- Perform any other job-related instructions as requested
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related field or equivalent years of relevant experience is required
- A Minimum of five (5) years of experience in event and/or conference planning is required
- Experience planning, producing, and evaluating large, small, and high-profile events for diverse audiences
Competencies, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Posses a high degree of organizational skills
- Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Familiarity of the healthcare field and knowledge of Medicaid
- Effective listening and critical thinking skills
- Ability to develop, prioritize and accomplish goals
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of business financials including budgeting and cost control
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors and/or staff
- The ability to perform with challenging schedules
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30% (travel may include weekends)
Licensure and Certification:
- Employment in this position is conditional pending successful clearance of a driver’s license record check. If the driver’s license record results are unacceptable, the offer will be withdrawn or, if you have started employment in the position, your employment in this position will be terminated
- To help protect our employees, members, and the communities we serve from acquiring communicable diseases, full COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination is an essential requirement of this position.
CareSource requires annual proof of Influenza vaccination for designated positions during Influenza season (October 1 – March 31) as a condition of continued employment. Employees hired during Influenza season will have forty-five (45) days from their hire date to complete the required vaccination.
CareSource requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (two weeks removed from completion of a two-dose mRNA series or two weeks removed from a one dose vaccine) against the COVID-19 virus. Employees are required to disclose and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of continued employment. Candidates who accept an offer of employment must upload proof of vaccination prior to their start date.Failure to meet the vaccination requirement, including providing proof of vaccination prior to the start date, may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
CareSource adheres to all federal, state, and local regulations. CareSource provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities or medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or as required by state law to enable the employee to perform the essential functions of the position. Request for accommodations will be reviewed by the CareSource Health & Wellness team.
- General office environment; may be required to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Lifting and packing packages and booth design sets up to 50 lbs.
- Busy travel schedule (including air plane travel), especially during 4th quarter of the year
Organization Level Competencies
- Leveraging Feedback
- Customer Orientation
- Valuing Differences
- Managing Work
- Earning Trust
- Quality Orientation
This job description is not all inclusive. CareSource reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. CareSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran status. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.