Req ID: 43462
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA); Irvine (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as a Business Solution Design Manager.”
As a Business Solution Design Manager, you will leverage your technical design expertise to partner with the business to design and implement strategic solutions. You will engage with stakeholders within Investment Operations (IO) to understand the strategic drivers of their business area and of IO’s overall priorities, guide associates in root cause problem definition, and inspire your team to find optimal solutions to those problems. You and your team will have a direct impact in enabling Capital Group’s ability to support new investment services, investment vehicles, asset types, and optimize current operational processes to achieve greater scale to support business growth.
To thrive in this role, you embrace ambiguity and lean into environments where you can step out of your comfort zone to open the door to innovation. You’ll be responsible for managing a team. This will include coaching, identifying stretch opportunities, assigning work, managing performance, and further developing the team to find better ways to identify and solve operational business problems. You will foster a culture where associates feel valued, engaged, and able to connect their contributions to Capital Group’s broader strategic priorities.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are an experienced thought leader and have successfully managed complex projects in a matrixed environment, ideally in the investment management industry.
- You have people management experience and demonstrated success in building and mentoring high performing teams.
- You’ve built a career driving the successful execution of projects and solutions to deliver business outcomes based on key drivers of delivery (i.e. timeliness, quality, budget, resources, scope and completeness).
- You have an ability to translate vision into project scope by planning, prioritizing, coordinating and overseeing cross-functional projects.
- You have a deep curiosity and passion to understand complex operational problems and identify the root cause to arrive at high quality solutions.
- You take the time to create and maintain meaningful relationships. You’re a generous collaborator and you’ve fine-tuned your communication style to influence a variety of personalities.
- You’re well-versed in current approaches to business problem-solving methods - business analysis, process re-engineering, Agile principles, design thinking and project management.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.