At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The selected candidate will work with a small team which supports multiple Air Force customer sites that test and repair C-17 electrical and mechanical commodities (computers, displays, control panels, etc.) Our team ensures that all test equipment, test procedures, and repair procedures are in place and meet all technical requirements to ensure that C-17 commodities are flight-ready for use on C-17 aircraft. This requires coordination with Air Force personnel, suppliers, Tech Pubs, Supplier Management and other C-17 Engineering areas as required. The team also coordinates and oversees formal qualification of hardware and software testing equipment, and routinely addresses various technical issues/questions related to day-to-day operations of the Air Force sites. For growth opportunities, our team also works programmatic tasks such as Statements of Work, putting suppliers and Air Force personnel on contract to perform work, putting together proposals for new work (our own or for suppliers), and working closely with the Air Force Program Office on various issues in work or to discuss future support strategy.
- Perform technical investigations/troubleshooting as required to ensure that electrical/electronic testing equipment issues are diagnosed and technical solutions are provided
- Participate in design, project, and customer reviews.
- Understand the electrical design, operation and operating specifications of various C-17 aircraft commodities, and apply this to ensuring that testing and repair capabilities are properly implemented
- Interface with other C-17 departments, suppliers, and Air Force customer to ensure that technical and logistical issues reported in the field are being documented and worked
- Work with suppliers and Boeing Parts Management to ensure that parts and components required to repair C-17 aircraft commodities are available and meet technical specifications
- Ensure that Tech Orders and other testing/repair instructions are accurate and comply with customer and supplier requirements
- Participate in on-site technical investigations and new capability demonstrations in the field
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Aerospace
- 1+ years of experience in engineering design and/or analysis
- 1+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with C-17
- Experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Setup/Programming
- Experience planning and tracking new project(s) or sustaining efforts for existing project(s)
- Experience in related engineering fields, such as systems or software engineering
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+ years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Long Beach, CA)
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.