Bullhorn is looking for a CloudOps Engineer I to join our Technical Services team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
Why this job is important:
As a problem-solving developer-focused technologist, you will serve as the highest point of escalation for our clients in resolving complex technical and custom application-related inquiries. You will function as the crossroads between various internal teams (engineering, support, professional services, sales engineering), ensuring that issues are solved efficiently and to the satisfaction of our customers.
A typical day might include:
- Collaborating and consulting with Enterprise Support Analysts and System Engineers to resolve highly complex software and technical issues
- Completing code level changes to custom automations and working with Release Engineering to deploy these changes to our testing and production environments.
- Working through Quality Assurance of code changes to custom applications and completing code review sessions with your engineering team.
- Extensively researching and documenting customer software and technical issues
- Taking ownership of identified technical issues, finding the root cause and resolving issues at their core.
- Establishing alerting and monitoring of our custom application environment and working with Systems Engineers to maintain that infrastructure.
- Escalating trouble tickets and priority issues to management with speed and agility to match the urgency of the customer.
This role may be a fit for you if you have:
- Familiarity/experience with API frameworks
- An understanding of relational databases, email technology, and networking and Internet connectivity
- A creative and curious mind
- Excellent listening and research skills, and are talented with the written and spoken word
- A knack for accurate and speedy documentation
- The ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
Bonus points for:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, IS, or Mathematics
- 1+ years of Java coding experience
- 1+ years of SQL scripting experience
- Experience with Github/Gitlab or other code repositories
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.