We are seeking a visionary content strategist to oversee Sourcegraph’s lead generation content program. We are looking for someone who is opinionated and passionate about delivering high-quality and meaningful content experiences. This is a strategic creative role where you will have the opportunity to build content programs from scratch, define content marketing best practices, and partner closely with product marketing, demand generation, and brand creative teams to create meaningful content interactions.
In this role you will immerse yourself in the developer experience to understand their common challenges and become an expert in Sourcegraph’s use cases and business solutions. You will create quarterly content plans that directly influence marketing generated pipeline, and you will have the opportunity to experiment with emerging content marketing tactics. You will play a critical role in establishing credibility with both developer and decision-making personas.
A passion for writing and editing and a deep understanding of the writing process is a must. Not only will you author content yourself, but you will support and encourage content contributors from a wide range of backgrounds. You approach your work with empathy and are invested in helping others improve their communication skills.
As one of the first content marketing hires, you will help define the direction of our content marketing strategy and our content development processes. You will collaborate closely with the brand creative team to bring content ideas to life and support the demand generation team by providing targeted content for digital campaigns. As a Sourcegraph team member you will be responsible for documenting, implementing, and facilitating collaborative publishing processes in a highly transparent, all-remote environment.
This is a marketing role on the content strategy team and reports to the director of content strategy. It is an individual contributor role to start, with the potential to evolve into a people management role as the company grows.
- Help build the framework for Sourcegraph’s lead generation content program
- Create targeted, high-quality content assets on software engineering topics (web articles, eBooks, infographics, white papers, videos, etc.)
- Create and optimize website content to capture organic search traffic
- Write website and/or email copy and optimize for conversion
- Create email content that nurtures leads through the information gathering process
- Apply creative content marketing strategies to multiple, distinct audiences
- Apply editorial best practices to the content development process
- Develop strategic content funnels that prioritize user experiences and contribute to qualified sales pipeline
- Assess content performance and identify content gaps in the buyer’s journey
- Influence Sourcegraph’s buyer journey mapping process and use case development
- Influence Sourcegraph’s email nurture strategy
- Previous content marketing experience at a B2B software company
- Familiarity with search engine optimization best practices and an ability to apply keyword research and recommendations to content strategies & development
- Experience creating end-to-end content funnels
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience managing content programs
- Writing samples authored by and credited to you
Nice to haves
- A bachelor's degree in a Humanities or Communications related field
- Experience writing for a software engineering audience
- Experience managing content creators
- Familiarity with the content pillar methodology
- A passion for open source software
- Erica Lindberg, Director of Content Strategy: hiring manager
- Sarah Reece, Director of Demand Generation: lead generation strategy
- Andy Schumeister, Director of Product Marketing: market/industry knowledge
- Tommy Pesavento, Creative Director: cross-functional creative collaboration
- Kacie Jenkins, VP of Marketing: values and strategic alignment
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.