This position may work in the Lessonly office in Indianapolis, IN or remotely from any of the following states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Alabama, Virginia or Washington
Content Specialists will be responsible for taking our clients’ existing training content (such as slide decks, PDF’s, videos, etc.) and transforming them into effective lessons using Lessonly best practices and a background in corporate learning. You must demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate via writing and be able to break complex thoughts into digestible steps.
Clients invest in Lessonly to transform the way that learning and training happens inside the organization. Fortunately, we license a best-in-class platform to help. But for clients to go from 0-60 quickly and for renewing clients to actualize full potential, our Services department owns the development and transformation of their training content.
This work-from-home, part-time role (between 20-30 hours per week) will report in to the Content Program Manager on Lessonly’s Services team. This role also has flexibility in regards to working hours, which can be discussed during the interview process.
Your Primary Responsibilities
Many of our customers already have existing training documents, but don’t have the resources/manpower to migrate that into Lessonly or the expertise to know how to make it an effective Learning experience in Lessonly. Our Service Delivery Managers will work directly with our customers to understand their transformation needs and enter these into our Project Management tool (Workfront). From there, the Content Specialist will take our client’s material. and transform them into a lesson.
This goes beyond just copying and pasting, but putting yourself in the Learner’s position to understand what information is needed, how it should be structured, and working with the customer to identify where additional context is needed.
- Efficient execution and timely delivery
- Strong communication with the Services Team and Customer(s)
- Completeness and flow of the lesson
- Following Lessonly best practices
- Minimal errors (grammar, spelling, etc.)
- Reliable and detail oriented
- Managing your deliverables via Workfront (our Project Management tool)
- Preferred: Experience creating training for Sales and Support teams
- Preferred: Corporate Learning background
- Reliable internet connection
- Flexibility - What works best for you, works for us—whether that means you’re in the office, at a coffee shop, or at your kitchen table. We have llamas working in Indy and across the U.S. We also provide everyone with a tech stipend to keep their tech rocking and rolling smoothly.
- Work Happier - Our community is one of recognition and fun. From company-wide shoutouts to dogs in the office to our vibrant Slack workspace, we’re constantly collaborating and celebrating together.
- Make Indy Brighter - Every year, we select four organizations that serve kids in Indianapolis and dedicate our time, money, and talent to them. Making time to volunteer and give back to our community matters.
- Professional Development - We learn from experts, community leaders, and each other constantly. From Mass Classes and workshops to company events and daily conversations, we’re always growing.
- Accessibility - We’re conveniently located in the Monon16 neighborhood, right by the Monon Trail and the Red Line if you prefer to run, walk, bike, or bus to work.
- Self-Care - We have in-house yoga, ping-pong, Peloton bikes, a meditation room, a library for silent work, a mother’s room, wellness groups, and more because we’re humans first and llamas second.
Lessonly is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against any protected class including, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Lessonly will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact email@example.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job.