APMEX is a billion-dollar ecommerce company that is the leader in Precious Metals. Our customers love our selection and service – our employees love our values and culture. Our APMEX team is large enough to get the job done better than anyone else in the industry, while being small enough to listen to, and care, about our employees. Without their dedication, APMEX would not continue to be named the #1 Specialty eRetailer by Internet Retailer Magazine! Come see why APMEX was "Voted as one of the Best Places To Work in Oklahoma!" Join the family today!
The Copywriter will be one who can write copy that is engaging, concise and on-brand for a variety of marketing collateral. The ideal candidate excels at writing and reworking long-form writing but can also whip up a cool headline and knock out hot projects. This person knows what it takes to develop and execute successful communications for various audiences. Additionally, one must be open to collaboration and feedback.
The Copywriter is responsible for working directly with other members of the marketing team and cross-functional departments in conceptualizing communication materials for consumer promotions. The Copywriter must participate in the development of copy solutions that move consumers to act, engage, and buy from APMEX.com. The Copywriter will generate concepts and write copy that will motivate people to act in ways that will help achieve APMEX’s objectives. They will create content for use in strategic marketing products and services for both print and digital, ensure consistency between written & visual messages, and write copy that maintains a comprehensive understanding of our target customer and brand. Having a mastery of tones ranging from authentic to promotional is required.
This individual is an elite communications specialist responsible for developing compelling stories and messages for a wide array of creative/communications platforms. They will demonstrate clarity, consistency, and energy in transporting APMEX’s brand voice across every touchpoint. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
A day in the life of a Copywriter:
- Proofreads content through the lifecycle of the project for spelling, grammar, tone and content
- Able to understand and apply a brand’s voice to all communication materials
- Responsible for writing clear, concise, consistent, and accurate copy that communicates information that will influence sales and achieve marketing goals
- Juggle multiple writing assignments of varying complexities, meet tight deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Excel when it comes to details
- Amend, revise and develop existing copy to align with established tone of voice
- Thinks visually as well as verbally
- Work with creative directors, graphic designers, and marketing managers to create appropriate, workable ways to express and enhance the APMEX message.
- Work closely with current marketing teams to concept and write copy in alignment with APMEX’s direct marketing and brand building strategies to increase acquisition rate, retention and level of customer engagement
- Write and edit copy supporting all marketing activities to meet strategic planning objectives
- Participate in brainstorms, analyze and refine ideas, write strategic guidelines and plans, and make sure that others clearly understand
- Create persuasive messages, tell compelling stories that help to develop customers into brand advocates
- Take the initiative to gather the necessary information
- Turn complex information into simplified, engaging messages, stories or articles
- Demonstrate objectivity and critical thinking by tying assignments to objectives and seeking clarity and asking questions
- Demonstrates ownership of APMEX’s identity by continuously presenting new ideas that resonate with relevant audiences
- Assists in determining a project’s overall content requirements and strategy
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented with a sharp focus on consistency and efficiency in a high pace environment
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines and departments
Education: BA in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, English, Creative Studies or related fields
- Strong editing skills with exceptional spelling and grammar
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high-quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics and typography
- Ability to write in various styles for diverse audiences
- Experience in writing for multiple platforms (i.e., blogs, social media channels, emails)
- Understanding of direct response channels and tactics (e.g., direct mail, email, display, paid social, lead generation). A PLUS
- Familiarity with eCommerce, with awareness and opinions regarding the direction of copy and advertising A PLUS
- Ability to think strategically about interactive design and advertising A PLUS
- Experience with disciplines including: branding, marketing, UX, social/behavioral psychology, anthropology, business, social engineering, or anything else that is crucial when developing smart, realistic and compelling ideas. A PLUS
- Minimum 3 years Copywriting experience in advertising, direct marketing, PR, or publishing - preferably in an ad agency setting
- Portfolio/link to portfolio required
- All applicants will be required to complete a writing assessment and a proofreading test