The Texas Tribune’s copywriter is responsible for writing clear, compelling copy for use across various mediums including email, web, print and social and will work organization-wide to support marketing, events and membership initiatives.
The copywriter will use persuasive copy to captivate readers and spur action by writing in a conversational voice and using easy-to-understand language that puts the reader first. This role supports our mission by crafting the messages that tell the story of the Tribune and the work that we do on behalf of Texans. This position reports to the director of marketing and communications.
- Conceive and write display copy across all platforms that reflect the Tribune’s voice and achieve revenue and membership goals
- Collaborate with marketing, loyalty, events and design teams to develop, refresh and templatize our approaches and formats for ongoing campaigns and programs across platforms
- Programs and communications including strategic marketing, events and member programs, B2B communications with sponsors and advertisers, and The Texas Tribune Festival
- This role will also be responsible for managing and reviewing any marketing copy by vendors or partners to ensure consistency with brand principles and guidelines
- At least 3-5 years of experience in copywriting, digital marketing or communications
- Proven experience writing high-engagement content that provokes action and conversions across social, digital, print and broadcast media
- Demonstrated understanding of digital media best practices for copy writing and audience trends across channels
- Familiarity with AP style
- Comfortable meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of SEO, Google Ads, Twitter Ads and Facebook Ad Manager
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Austin, Texas and includes the following Texas Tribune benefits:
- downtown office with paid parking or commuting stipend (though all employees are remote until summer 2021)
- medical, vision and dental insurance
- cell phone stipend
- 20 days of paid time off each year
- 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching
- support for professional training and attending industry conferences
How to Apply:
Click here to submit your application by February 10. We can't wait to hear from you.
The Texas Tribune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for all, and we encourage applicants of all identities, backgrounds, ages, and abilities to apply. Learn more about The Texas Tribune here.