It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
As part of the newly formed Design Systems team, you will have the rare opportunity to grow the systems function at Cash App. Design Systems sits within Cash App’s core design group (The Operating System team) with the mandate to drive better, faster, and more cohesively designed experiences across the Cash App organization as our ecosystem grows.
The team is looking for a junior to mid-level designer that wants to see how the work they do provides the sandbox for one of the most talented design teams in tech.
- Work with leads to execute on the design system vision, infrastructure roll out, and ongoing system adoption
- Design and detail systemic solutions across our ecosystem constantly evolving patterns, testing and iterating on components, and raising the craft of Cash App
- Work with cross-functional teams to leverage and contribute to every tier of the design system library infrastructure
- Embed on special projects, supporting leads in broader strategic systems efforts
- Maintain creative infrastructure needs, library upkeep, and triage incoming inquiries from design, product, engineering, marketing...you get the idea
- Support ongoing systems-driven research initiatives
- Facilitate training sessions with teams and individuals helping stand up local libraries that stem from our central system
- Be an ear to the ground of the entire organization, looking for dots that connect in our ecosystem day to day
- 3-6 years of experience working in user experience, product, or relevant design field
- A passion for systems, patterns and a keen eye for consistency and best in class user interface design
- Proficiency with modern product technologies (airtable, notion, github, etc.) and a passion for Figma as your design tool of choice.
- Experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones
- An affinity for documentation, tracking, and asynchronous communication
- Work showcasing projects that you’ve worked accessibility standards into the design process successfully
- A blend of introverted and extroverted working modality that desires just as much time with headphones on as in conversations working collaboratively with partners
- Portfolio showcasing experiences you’ve designed for varying platforms and devices (iOS, Android, Responsive Web, etc)
- No fear of ambiguity and get excited by solving multifaceted problems
- The same love for brand as you do product
- 1+ years experience working on design systems at scale
- Past projects that showcase designing in ecosystems that require any of the following: global or local accessibility standards, translation, internationalization, localization
- Prior experience designing for the following product markets: wellness, behavioral health, education, training, supply chain, b2b
- Strong user interface and visual design fitness
- Experience working with creative & art directors, motion designers, audio designers, and illustrators
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.