DevOps Developer

Posted Oct 22

The DevOps Developer at vMOX is responsible for the deployment of our applications, and the infrastructure that manages those deployments, in addition to developing our normal software. The DevOps Developer spends roughly 80% of their time deploying our code to servers and automating our development processes, and the remaining 20% of the time extending our current applications alongside other Developers.

We’d love to find someone who can:

  • Deploy hotpatches and releases to production, staging, and other server environments.
  • Develop and maintain the systems which automate those deployments.
  • Help set up new servers as needed.
  • Manage and develop systems which run our automated tests.
  • Review, manage, support, and update existing code to web applications.
  • Build integrations to third-party APIs.
  • Develop code to import data into the system.
  • Work with our development and design team as well as providing technical support to staff when needed.
  • Perform other related duties as required.

It would be awesome if you have:

  • Proficiency in using Ansible to deploy to and update servers.
  • Experience using Jenkins to automate tests.
  • Ability to write excellent code to solve complex business problems and process automation.
  • Eagerness to learn but have a solid foundation of experience to bring to the team.
  • Thorough understanding of design, testing, and modification of programs and applications.
  • Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the technologies, coding and programming languages used in the organization.
  • Knowledge of coding languages and systems, especially Ruby on Rails.
  • Knowledge of Linux and Apache.
  • Eagerness to create new integrations with other systems to enhance our capabilities and find new ways to leverage existing features.
  • Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills.
  • Excellent time management skills.

We’d love to find someone who has:

  • Associate degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
  • Three years of experience as a software developer or similar role.

Location

You have the option of working in one of our two offices (Port Washington, NY or East Windsor, NJ) alongside other team members, 100% remote in the comfort of your most effective environment, or a hybrid of the two based on your location.

We provide:

  • Salary and benefits to commensurate with experience and achievement
  • Training opportunities and a highly collaborative environment

To apply please send us an e-mail with your resume and cover letter.

vMOX provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.