Reporting to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for all cloud native technologies powering Megaport’s SaaS-based, multi-cloud, application orchestration platform. Ideal candidates will have a strong background with all aspects of DevOps and an eagerness to automate every step in the Development process. The environment is fast-paced and fun while working with cutting edge technologies.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all the custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing Cloud Native software deployments to multiple cloud providers including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
- Migrating legacy applications to cloud native deployments using Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Ensure application scale and security using load balancing, web application firewalls and security hardening best practices.
- Work closely with a small team of talented developers in the United States.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong understanding of the DevOps software lifecycle, including continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience administering version control platforms and CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab, Github or Bitbucket.
- Ability to create, update, maintain and deploy Docker images.
- Experience securely maintaining separate dev environments using ENV variables.
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes, including secrets management, security, cluster management and networking.
- Must have experience using Yaml.
- Knowledge of managed Kubernetes services including Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE or DigitalOcean DOKS.
- Deployment automation through the use of SaaS platforms, CI/CD tools or shell scripting.
What We Offer
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.