As the Senior DevOps Engineer at Productive Edge, you’ll have a big impact on multiple projects. You’ll manage and shape how we deploy solutions and have genuine opportunities to impact the firm and our clients environments. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast paced environment, who can work with minimal direction, and has a solid understanding of cloud technologies and kubernetes.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure the proper operation of the new platform.
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Automate tasks to drive consistency, reduce complexity and eliminate human involvement where ever possible
- Design and implement front-end systems to empower users to configure, deploy, and control their own production processes and pipelines
- Ensure that systems are properly monitored
- Ensure systems are documented and can be easily maintained by all team members
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested and well documented
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, peer reviews and strong engineering practices
What you need to be successful (Requirements)
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience)
- At least three years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person engineering team that utilizes cloud based technologies, CI pipelines and peer reviews
- Experience with major aspects of cloud computing, like storage, backups, compute resources, autoscaling concerns
- Experience in Kubernetes and running Kubernetes in the cloud
- Demonstrated ability to work with a distributed team
- Ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required
- Strong understanding of VPCs and general networking configurations that go along with having hybrid on-prem and cloud solutions
- Experience in using configuration management tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with monitoring stacks such as ELK or others
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations