Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels.
You are capable of software engineering using disciplined software development methods, so why not come to Viasat and put these skills to good use? You will be a member of a product team where you’ll help design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, and operational efficiency of software services; build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions; influence new designs, architectures, and methods for large-scale distributed systems; conduct periodic on-call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
In this role, you will design, develop, and test software solutions in an Agile/Scrum DevOps environment. Work closely with team members to interpret requirements, perform code reviews, and support on-call customer support activities
- 3-5 years with commercial software development experience
- Programming experience with React, Python in a Linux development environment
- Ability to engage as a DevOps engineer, who can handle the various stages of software development cycle from design, development, testing, deployment and production support
- Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, web applications, API design and development, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing and verification technologies, data processing, cloud computing, and networking
- Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with peer engineers, and project managers
- Experience with or ability to learn agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP), modern software development environments and DevOps practices
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Travel up to 10%
- Experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience in Serverless Architecture deployments
- Experience with test automation and Enterprise software integration
- Deployments into AWS environments
- CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins and CodeBuild
- Familiarity with running software services at scale
- Technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Detailed problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.