One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Do you want to work with smart people who regularly solve complex technical problems? Do you want to feel excited to go to work, knowing you are shaping how millions of people securely access the internet on a daily basis? Viasat values people who want to dive in, lead by example, and bring new ideas to the team.
As a member of the Security Software Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to leverage DevOps principles to innovate next generation automation and integrated cybersecurity solutions. Your focus will be in the fields of public & private cloud, security orchestration & architecture, application security, compliance & governance automation, and product security development.
Engineering processes have evolved to be more agile and utilize orchestration technologies, making traditional cybersecurity assessments, audits, and manual integrations a thing of the past. If you enjoy leveraging analytical skills and technical know-how to solve complex problems in the cybersecurity space, this position will provide you with a challenging and exciting opportunity to help Viasat invest in building the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, Cybersecurity, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of experience across either of the following domains:
- Software/application development, including but not limited to: web services, API development, service-oriented architectures, and network/web-related protocols
- General IT systems operations and orchestration, including but not limited to: configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef, and Linux and/or Windows systems and management methodologies
- 1+ years of experience applying security principles to either of the above listed domains
- Experience, understand and tunning of Static (SAST and SCA) and Dynamic Code Analysis tools
- Experience with Network Scanning tools
- Experience and understanding of container orchestration environments, primarily Kubernetes, or AWS ECS
- Experience with multi-layer information systems and cloud solutions architecture (cloud computing orchestration and automation with AWS, Azure and OpenStack is a plus)
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, or Cybersecurity
- Experience with modern web frameworks, including, but not limited to: Django, Flask, Angular JS, Ruby on Rails
- Experience in configuring CI/CD processes
- Experience with auditing and implementing container and container orchestration security controls
- Desire for continual training and upkeep of knowledge set in industry best practices, information security, governance, risk, and compliance
- Experience with technical controls for regulatory compliance (NIST SP 800-171, ISO 27001/2, PCI, CMMC and PII)
- Experience with current off-the-shelf and open source security products in the areas of: logging, analytics, web/app scanners, and next-gen orchestration/automation technologies
Additional Requirements and Information
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of Experience
Up to 10%
US Citizenship required
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For Colorado-based jobs only: The minimum for this position is $111,300 annually; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.