As the Engineering Lead for the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the overall cloud and application platform including scalability, observability and performance.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Provide technical leadership to team through coaching and mentorship
- Provide deployment oversight for released items delivered by team
- Help prevent, and investigate production issues for the services owned
- Own, operate, and maintain the cloud infrastructure platform to ensure quality, scale and customer satisfaction
- Turn complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans
- Work across different dev teams to implement their code as microservices in Kubernetes.
- Advise on application scaling, monitoring, and security best practices.
- Set up new infrastructure systems as infra-as-code.
- Write scripts and create Docker containers from scratch for internal tooling.
- Review infrastructure-related code and offer improvements.
- Continuous team member development through continuous feedback, building upon strengths, and creating/facilitating growth opportunities
- Must be able to operate in a fast-moving environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with senior Engineering, Product, and Design leaders
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Consider the organization's entire cloud infrastructure when making changes and improvements
- Must be able to handle customer impacting escalations and work in an on-call rotation with other engineers
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- Proven experience in managing and scaling infrastructure, dev ops and/or SRE functions
- Cloud operations and development experience in AWS (preferred) or Google Cloud
- Experience with cloud operations frameworks such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Git and GitHub or GitLab
- 4+ years of professional experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
- AWS Cloud certification(s) a plus
- Experience with SOC2, PCI and/or ISO 27001 certification a plus
- A strong understanding of change management
- The ability to direct in the building and management of a multi-region cloud infrastructure
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.