Ferguson is currently seeking a versatile web content pro to join our copy team! As a Digital Content Copywriter you will be writing B2B web content about various industries and product categories for several different business groups. On any given day, you might be tapped to write a case study, a white paper, webpage copy, or copy for web forms. You’ll also put your deep understanding of SEO and research techniques to use. Working closely with project managers, graphic designers, and other copywriters we build informative and engaging content.
- Write long- and short-form content to support multiple business units on ferguson.com
- Write targeted digital content designed to achieve marketing campaign goals.
- Understand the phases of the customer journey and write targeted content for upper-, middle-, and lower-funnel audiences.
- Work closely with team members on a variety of web content projects.
- Ensure that content is search engine optimized. Conduct keyword research, perform internal linking, write optimized meta titles/descriptions, etc.
- Identify content gaps and make recommendations for new projects.
- Support the business by drafting, reviewing, and editing copy for spec sheets, local emails, direct mail pieces, digital ads, and other work.
- Clearly understand our brand voice and be steadfast in your protection of it.
- Review content to ensure consistency with our writing standards.
- Evaluate feedback and input and make revisions when appropriate.
- 3+ years of professional digital commerce copywriting experience with a focus on B2B.
- Experience writing for the industrial space is a plus (ex: HVAC, industrial, waterworks, fire safety equipment, facilities supply & maintenance).
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and research techniques.
- Proficient in Office 365 programs and experienced with content management software and project management software.
- The ability to work with professionals both in and outside of the web content space as a diplomatic communicator.
- Attention to detail (you can’t help but proof everything and cringe when you see typos out in the wild).
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and paternal), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.
Ferguson Enterprises, LLC. is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.