Ready to be a Titan?
With over a 100,000 technicians on our platform, ServiceTitan is the leading software solution for contracting companies (electricians, plumbing, HVAC etc.). We want to help the underserved, hard-working people in the trades reach the success they deserve by building software that allows them to operate a more profitable business.
ServiceTitan is looking for an exceptional leader for our Data Science team who wants to leverage big data to inform how we build products for our customers and create insights to drive decisions on how we operate our business. This is a rare role in which you will be able to take our business's growth to the next level and further accelerate our transformation of the trades industry.
We are looking for a talented team builder who is also eager to build the playbook of how we infuse data and insights across the company. They will need to be on the lookout for opportunities to use machine-learning models to power our sales team while at the same time helping to define metrics to track our performance. They will be excited to work with our R&D teams to design analytics to uncover how we can deliver more value to our customers through our products. In short, we are looking for someone who loves the full spectrum of data science.
What you'll do:
- Lead and grow a team of over 15 data scientists and economists spanning R&D, sales, marketing, post-sales and operations
- Identify, investigate and pursue new opportunities using machine learning, statistics or analytics to improve all parts of our business
- Develop and improve predictive models to support our sales and marketing teams, leverage insights gained from data into actionable business recommendations
- Design, create and own key metrics and dashboards that surface critical business insights and guide decisions on how we manage our performance and evolve our strategy
- Coach and mentor team members, promote adoption of cutting edge analytics, implement innovative quantitative research tools, mentor others in the latest statistical methods
- Collaborate with other leaders and executives across all functions to build data-informed business strategies and roadmaps
- Champion the use of data-driven decision making across the company
What you'll need:
- MS/Ph.D in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, or similar quantitative discipline required. Ph.D preferred
- 10+ years experience as a data scientist, 4+ years previous experience as a manager
- Experience with product data science, such as A/B testing, user engagement analysis, as well as with sales and marketing data science and analytics such as lead scoring, marketing attribution, media mix modeling, price optimization, etc..
- A proven track record of using advanced data solutions to produce effective business results
- Previous experience deploying and maintaining data science models in production
- Strong coding skills in Python, expertise in R and SQL, previous experience with big data systems
- Strong analytical and causal reasoning mindset, and rigidity on statistical correctness
- Great communication skills including communicating complex concepts to business stakeholders
- A proactive mindset combined with a bias for action
- A passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.