Wonderbly is looking for a wonderful Dutch editor/proof-reader, who can work closely with our copywriter to ensure the highest standard content for our Dutch market.
It’s our editor’s job to ensure that the copy we use across all our comms to customers is on brand, appropriately localised and free of errors.
It’s a chance to help to create humorous, lively and all-round-fun copy for a company that is dedicated to making children more clever, curious and kind (and making them laugh, too).
What you will do
The role is to edit/proof-read content written by our marketing copywriters. The proofing is to ensure there are no errors in the copy but also to feedback on the quality and content of what is written.
Whilst our copywriters generally retain the final call on what is written, our editors offer support in ideas on how to improve the copy and ensure that it is suitable for the audience in that particular market.
We expect our copywriters and editors to work in quite a collaborative way but are flexible in what this means for each language team.
All of the content is for marketing, brand and editorial purposes across our website and digital marketing channels. Therefore having an editor with experience working with e-commerce brands and with an understanding of paid marketing channels such as Facebook and PPC is a huge benefit.
In addition to this our editors should of course know their market extremely well - preferably from the view point of digital marketing.
The main kinds of content that you’ll be working on are:
- Facebook and email campaigns
- Trade events
- Editorial content
* This is not an exhaustive list of the content that may require editing but summarises the main areas of copy
- Minimum 4 years mid-level experience in the specified language
- Demonstrable skills editing or writing across all digital media - including Facebook ads and social media posts, blog entries etc.
- Experience writing or editing content for the children’s gift/book market an advantage
- Whilst not necessary an understanding of what parents are looking for - potentially a parent, aunt/uncle, grandparent!
- Flexibility with part-time work and able to work remotely (so a good internet connection is essential)
- A good team worker and happy to communicate mostly via email and occasional video calls
- 2-4 hours per week
- Remote - good internet connection required
- Start end of January
- £25/€29 per hour