Zappysales builds, acquires, and scales E-Commerce companies. Over the last four years, the company has grown more than 400% due to its emphasis on the use of technology and it’s expertise in multi-channel commerce. Zappysales owns and operates several niche e-commerce companies and employs 35 employees throughout its portfolio.
Working for Zappysales offers a flexible schedule along with competitive compensation and growth opportunities. We have a fun environment, easy-going colleagues, and lots of projects and challenges to get stuck into. Our staff works hard and gets tasks done, but also knows how to unwind. Our focus is not how or when you do your work, so long as the work’s completed in the timescales needed.
Our team currently consists of:
⇢ CEO – in Florida
⇢ 6 leadership team members in Chicago
⇢ 8 developers and business analysts in Ukraine
⇢ 15-20 team members handling customer support in the Philippines
We meet every two weeks for our KPI and objectives session where we discuss objectives and numbers transparently with everyone on the team.
Our core values center around a reflection of the people we want to surround ourselves with. These are:
- Honesty: if there’s no honesty and trust, you can’t develop real relationships.
- Get The Job Done: Move fast, Focus on actions and results.
- Transparency: nothing is off-limits; we discuss all of our numbers and share the good and the bad with everybody on the team.
- Take Calculated Risks: we are data-driven, meaning, we absorb as much data as possible using it to cultivate our next steps. We’d rather take action, than wait to try to be perfect.
- Constantly Strive to Improve: consistently thinking of the next solution, the next problem, etc, to move the Company forward and to keep up with ever-changing challenges
- Have Fun: we have a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and irreverence for seriousness; our team members work together in a collaborative environment and our people love it.
About the Role
We are looking for an eCommerce Marketing Manager – a real Rockstar, with great experience to come in and develop our brand/s. We work with 40-50 Top US-based distributors to sell a large catalog of hard-to-find products at affordable prices.
This covers a million different products across a broad range of industries.
We need to develop our voice and brand to take our offerings into different verticals by building our own customer contact and marketing strategies to help drive our growth.
Our websites have many areas ripe for improvement. We’re only just getting started on SEO, Email Marketing, & PPC so you’ll come in, rapidly understand our business, and define and implement 30, 60, and 90-day plans to get things moving fast.
You’ll have strong knowledge and implementation skills on a number of core marketing methods as well as the ability to hire or outsource expertise for other areas.
We’re expecting you to come in and DO. We want you to define and build your marketing team with more “hustle mindset” individuals just like you!
Your main responsibilities as our Marketing Manager will include:
- Initial focus on the homeessentialsdirect.com site; develop our game plan and get things moving
- Define and Implement an email marketing strategy to leverage the 50,000+ customers we have on our mailing list
- Use and analyze the data we have to drive rapid decisions
- Second focus will be on defining and implementing an SEO strategy
- Review our sites, understand opportunities for rapid improvement (CRO), and implement them
- Taking the lead on all marketing activities, defining, doing, and measuring (Deliver on our marketing performance metrics)
- Build a strong marketing team of experts, that can think fast, analyze data, and implement great marketing strategies (Find, hire, and manage freelance, and other creative professionals to develop content and assets for multi-channel distribution)
- Create detailed content plans for multi-channel marketing and branding initiatives (website, SEO, socials, ads, and emails)
Tools we use:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- AHREFS, SEMRush, or similar SEO tools
- Klaviyo or similar for email marketing
- Google Docs (and excel)
- SQL reports.
The skills of the most suitable candidate:
- You will have 5+ years of digital marketing experience, preferably in etail or retail industry.
- A strong marketing manager with expertise in key areas of eCommerce marketing and the ability to build, train and manage a small team of experts and specialists
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with E-mail marketing
- Experience with BIG scale eCommerce, i.e. the ability to consider the best approach for a catalogue of one million-plus product, focusing on data to drive 80:20 decision making
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets to an advanced level for data analysis.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
Brownie points for:
- BigCommerce experience
- Programming/database skills or the proven ability to work with developers to make changes and understand what’s needed when working with technical teams
Our perfect colleague is:
- Result oriented
- A Hustler
- Cracks a joke or two even whilst working hard, why so serious?
- Very analytical from a decision making and thinking perspective
- Able to communicate clearly and find the answers or ask for help when needed
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working hours (3-4 hours overlap with US CST Time zone).
- Salary: $2,500 – $4,000 per month dependent on experience.
- Paid Holiday: 10 days holiday per year.
- Paid Training and development.
- Performance bonuses.