Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!
- Implementing tools and technologies to provision, configure, utilize, and monitor RESTful API’s.
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation.
- A commitment to monitoring and observability.
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Strategize, plan, prioritize, schedule, and partner in the execution of infrastructure provisioning and configuration while focusing on maintaining or improving security, data integrity, programming logic integrity, and administration.
- Participate in implementation of improvements to current processes and technologies used.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Participate in design reviews for new and existing services and platforms.
College degree in a Technical or related field and 2-3 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 5+ years professional level related Technical experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- 2+ years of software development of large systems and applications.
- Experience with infrastructure and distributed systems on premise and in a cloud environment.
- Experience with configuration management and CI/CD platforms.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with monitoring.
- Experience with logging subsystems.
- Experience with load balancing and reverse proxy.
- Experience with source control management tools.
- Excellent communication & enthusiasm.
- Experience working on an Agile development team.
- Experience reviewing code.
- Experience coding in multiple languages.
- Experience with automation technologies.
- Experience with virtualization platforms.
Minimum Requirements: College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7 years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.