Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shopify can’t make enterprise commerce simple alone. High growth, high volume merchants need Shopify to work with other strategic players in the ecosystem. The Shopify Revenue Partnership team works across the organization to enable scalable growth through relationships with key partners in the commerce space.
The Global Technology Partner Manager will be a key role on the Global Partner Sales team that is responsible for building on early-stage partnerships with a key set of global strategic technology partners. You will be responsible for managing the emerging relationships with strategic ERP partners. You will build these partnerships to help new merchants discover, choose, build and grow on Shopify by harnessing the market presence, customers, sales and ecosystems of these partnerships.
- Accelerate Shopify’s mission by creating new revenue channels and new merchant acquisition with joint sales activities and go to market cooperation with leading global ERPs.
- Guide the development and execution of the global ERP strategy.
- Work across departments within Shopify to identify synergies and to build effectiveness when executing strategies.
- Nurture strong relationships with internal teams (Sales, Product, Marketing and Customer Success). Ensure constant alignment of priorities. Effectively navigate the organization to unblock challenges, solicit support, and keep projects moving forward.
- Work with Program Ops teams to ensure new partnerships are set up in a functional, measurable and scalable way.
- Ensure all strategies are complementary, and we are delivering collaborative solutions that set up merchants for success
We're looking for the following
- Creative, enthusiastic, and coachable team player with a proven track record of success building and managing relationships with technology companies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally on high impact projects from ideation to completion.
- Ability to create, negotiate and execute partnership terms/contracts effectively, with a clear understanding of value exchange
- Skilled at presenting both to C-Suite executives and large audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and relentless attention to detail.
- Comfort in ambiguity and ability to approach unique challenges.
- 5 years of alliance sales function at a Software as a Service (SaaS) company
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience creating and managing Reseller and OEM relationships
- A love for data and how it can help influence strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of the commerce ecosystem. There are many moving parts and you need to see how they fit together.
- Experience working with global ERPs
- Ability to create reports within Salesforce
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. This role will close on December 7th at 11:59PM EST.
You can expect to hear back from us within approximately 2-3 weeks after submitting your application.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.