Articulate is the leading SaaS provider of online training solutions for the new world of work. Our industry-leading software and services make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online training that’s engaging and effective. Articulate 360, our enterprise product, was rated #7 Most Loved Product on TrustRadius out of over 18,648 products, and more than 12,000 courses are created every workday using our apps.
We are seeking a strategic head of product marketing with proven experience to build, scale, and lead our product marketing function to drive rapid revenue growth and expand adoption of our products by enterprises and small-to-midsize businesses. In partnership with the CMO and top leadership, this head of product marketing will help drive the go-to-market strategy for Articulate products to grow revenue and extend Articulate’s leadership as the #1 SaaS training company.
The head of product marketing will use their deep understanding of the market, our target industries and personas, and the competitive landscape to develop positioning and messaging to differentiate Articulate products and enable our revenue teams.
What you'll do:
- Define positioning, unique value props, and differentiated messaging for Articulate products that demonstrates ongoing value of Articulate products to support aggressive new revenue, expansion revenue, and renewal revenue growth goals.
- Build out buyer personas and work cross-functionally to integrate key insights into our messaging to drive demand, retention, and expansion
- Work with the data team to clearly segment our customer/prospects and develop clear, effective messaging for each segment that’s pulled through every aspect of the segment’s customer journey with us, from demand gen through customer success.
- Work in collaboration with the demand generation team to take a data-driven approach to testing and iterating messaging and customer journey touchpoints to drive maximum demand and ROI.
- Help evolve pricing and packaging that increases both revenue and customer retention.
- Create assets to support our revenue generation teams throughout the sales and customer success process (e.g pitch decks, brochures, sales sheets, demo scripts, training on how to position new features, booth demo scripts, etc.)
- Deliver Consumer Insights for revenue teams aligned to our Challenger sales methodology, and pull these insights through complete set of assets these teams can use to move prospects through the funnel.
- Create a case study and customer reference program that’s carefully aligned with our target customer segments, delivering the assets the sales and customer success teams need to acquire and grow revenue from specific segments of the market.
- Be the subject matter expert on our target markets and competitive landscape in order to provide insights to the leadership team and educate revenue teams.
- Have a deep understanding of our products and customers to help inform our roadmap.
- Own all product / feature launches, working in collaboration with demand gen and creative teams to execute multi-channel launches that effectively drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Define, own, and execute awards strategy and customer reviews program.
- Work in close collaboration with demand gen, sales, and customer success to define campaigns to drive new revenue, increase conversions, retain customers, and expand our footprint in existing customer accounts.
- Partner with product teams to continually improve the customer experience and maintain our high NPS.
- Build out and lead a world-class product marketing organization
What you should have:
- B2B SaaS product marketing skills – experience and expertise bringing modern SaaS technology products to market, driving demand, retention, and expansion; proven ability to connect features/benefits/value propositions to key buyer and user personas to drive rapid revenue growth; 7+ years of product marketing experience
- Exceptional communication skills – be an amazing storyteller with the ability to translate complex ideas into narratives the team and our external audiences understand; you must be an organized thinker and communicator
- Data-orientation – make data-driven decisions with a high-degree of storytelling capacity and EQ; you lean on data and metrics to measure outcomes but know that good storytelling that connects an audience with the right message is foundational to all effective marketing
- Results-orientation – ability to prioritize, execute, and drive results; effectively drive high performance of teams and channels in a collaborative way that instills sense of ownership and accountability across the team; fast-paced, flexible, and able to pivot (and bring the team along) dynamically at a fast tempo
- Tech savvy – you should demonstrate strong knowledge of marketing best practices and enthusiasm for emerging technology, trends, innovations, and competitors
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.