It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Our team’s focus is to create best in class payment devices for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms, optimizing manufacturing processes, and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial hardware space. This role will play a vital part in maintaining and growing the industry-leading Cash Card program.
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and tasks to support the Card Design Team.
- Keep up with and set trends in the payment device industry
- Vendor accountability and quality control through proof review and markup
- Grow the hardware discipline on the Cash Card team
- 7+ years of experience as an industrial designer with project cycles that have shipped
- A generalist approach to technical skills: design strategy, customer insights, form giving, sketching, prototyping at various levels of fidelity, package design, 3D modeling, and CMF exploration and selection. We are a nimble team still growing and this role will be foundational.
- Strong sense of layout, typography, and iconography
- Ability to generate and communicate design vision or embrace and extend existing solutions
- Pre-press and manufacturing knowledge
- Detail oriented vendor proofing and markup
- Human-centered approach to design & research
- Experience in the card industry or financial services
- Leading or building a hardware discipline or team
- Deep experience with PVC-based manufacturing
- Sustainable materials experience
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.