Internal Sales Coordinator – 10 month FTC
Elland, West Yorkshire
Marshalls is a market leader in the manufacturing and supply of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products, supplying the construction, home improvement and landscape markets. Our Marshalls mission is ‘Creating Better Spaces’; we’re a Superbrand for the 10th year running and a successful FTSE 250.
So how did we become a market leader and Superbrand? One of our core focus’ at Marshalls is to consider how best to engage and service our Customers. We also recognise the need to invest in our workforce and that our most important asset is our people, with sales being our primary driver for growth. We have an opportunity for a passionate and motivated Internal Sales Coordinator, known internally as a 'Commercial Sales Developer' to join our sales team on a 10 month contract.
So what’s the mission?
Working within our Internal Sales Team, you will be part of a team, initially supporting sales enquiries and requests. With time and training your responsibilities will range from creating quotes, ensuring timely and accurate delivery, sales management, leading on commercial projects, following up on sales and ensuring that customer expectations are exceeded. You will also need to be able to identify solutions to win business opportunities. A large part of the job is effective communication, with both external sales counterpart, the customer service teams, production planning teams and of course, external customers. We’re an energetic and lively sales team who are highly motivated, performance driven, and commercially aware with a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
What are the mission critical skills?
- Experience within a similar office based sales/customer service job
- Customer-focussed with experience in providing excellent customer service
- Commercially focused with an ability to develop sales given the right training
- Excellent communication skills
- A great ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues with a positive and up-beat approach
- Proactive approach to problem solving, taking full end to end ownership of customer contact and always using your initiative
- This would suit an enthusiastic team player who enjoys collaborating and working as a collective to reach objectives and targets
- Whilst we are recruiting for a 10 month contract with an immediate start available, we would welcome applications from anyone who is seeking career progression and development within Marshalls
- Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic our Internal Sales Team, who are normally office based, are working remotely from home. For the immediate future we would ask you to do the same, and provide you with the necessary IT equipment to join them in successfully adapting to this style of working. You will be fully supported with regular contact and training to carry out the mission. When the time is right, we would then request that you can regularly work from our Head Office in Elland, West Yorkshire, which will be your location base.
What will you get? Marshalls offers a working environment where you are encouraged to share experiences to help improve our processes. In return, we are committed to your ongoing personal and professional development and we encourage internal mobility. We offer a competitive salary, 26 days holiday and pension benefits. We have a working week of 40 hours Monday – Friday. Have a look at our careers website for more information on Marshalls and details of working with us. https://www.marshalls.co.uk/careers
Closing Date: 20th January 2021
Agencies: We’ve got this one thanks