Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
About our Career Accelerator Program (CAP)
The Career Accelerator Program at PagerDuty offers an opportunity for participants, to learn and build meaningful skills at PagerDuty. Whether you’re enrolled in a post-secondary institution, completed a coding bootcamp, or returning to work after a gap in employment, CAP can provide up to 16 weeks of hands-on experience in a high growth tech company. Through a variety of networking, learning, and mentoring opportunities, our CAP program fast tracks participants for an exceptional career and can serve as a gateway to permanent employment at PD.
CAP has three cohorts each year beginning in January (Winter), May (Summer) and September (Fall) and participants are paid competitively in their respective industries.
Check out what some of our past participants have done during their time at PD.
This is a remote, 4 month role for the Summer 2021 term that begins on May 3, 2021 and ends on August 27, 2021. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
Do you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is turn to your phone and bring up your favourite mobile app? Are you happy to try out new mobile apps as they are released, and enjoy praising and critiquing them among your friends? If you are passionate about mobile and would jump at the opportunity to build an app that is far-reaching and shaping the way people see mobile in the incident management space, we want you!
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You will get a chance to work in all of our mobile code bases and the APIs that power them.
- You will build and ship new user-facing features on iOS
- You will collaborate with product, UX and other engineering teams to deliver the highest quality mobile experiences to all of our supported devices
- You will participate in code reviews for your fellow team members
- You are confidently self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code
- You have an eye for sleek design
- You have a desire to build reliable and user-friendly mobile applications
- You are interested in learning about our stack which includes; Android, iOS, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Ruby/Rails, Scala, CoreData, MySQL, RxJava, Retrofit, Robotium, and Espresso
- Previous mobile development experience (a project or previous internship)
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one native iOS language, eg. Swift, Objective C, Xcode. etc
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer:
Mentorship - each participant is matched with a mentor
Paid employee Volunteer Time
Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.