From the Lloyd's of London coffee shop to the moon landing, every venture relies on insurance. The $1 trillion insurance industry is fundamental to our economy and society, but remains stuck in the stone age. Incumbents rely on antiquated pen-and-paper process and there's a huge opportunity to transform it through technology. At Newfront, we're building software to supercharge insurance brokers and help them deliver a delightful experience to clients.
While we're a technology-driven company, we believe that people and trusted relationships matter. Newfront believes in empowering people rather than "disrupting" them. Our singular mission is to create the future of work for this massive industry.
We believe breakout growth creates breakout opportunities and diversity drives innovation.
SUMMARY: The IT Engineer has a natural interest in technology and brings the best-researched solutions to the table This position ensures our systems are configured optimally and available, meeting the department's goal of 99.999% up-time. The system administrator must be agile and able to keep up with our dynamic, growing, fast-paced environment. Utilizing their strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, the Systems Administrator plays a significant role in the Newfront IT team. Additionally, they contribute to the team on documentation, maintenance, future systems architecture, security and compliance, and project-related tasks.
FROM THE TEAM: Thanks to our hardworking Team, Newfront is on the bleeding edge of technology in our industry. Our 100% cloud infrastructure provides exposure to a wide variety of tools for use in building creative employee and client solutions; our clients include some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
We are a team of diverse, talented IT professionals who like to work hard and enjoy collaborating in the planning, implementing and launching of these applications in our agile environment. Most of all, we trust each other and value the contributions each of us brings to the team, giving everyone an opportunity to have a direct impact in the decisions we make and the solutions we provide.
To keep up with the rapid changes in technology, we encourage and support continuous learning by investing in professional development for all employees. In addition to professional growth, our team likes to have fun together. With regular virtual team lunches and other team-building activities, we ensure work doesn't always have to feel like work!
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position is based out of Newfront's San Mateo office, with the option to work from home.
- This position reports to: Senior IT Service Operations Manager.
- Must have a valid state driver's license and transportation to travel and transport equipment between site offices.
- This position may require evening and weekend hours.
What you'll be doing
- The IT Engineer will work closely with the Senior IT Service Operations Manager to ensure proper operations of the systems we provide to our end-users and perform all tasks assigned within a reasonable time frame by doing the following:
- Gain a deep understanding of our systems and processes.
- Integrate complex systems.
- Ensure systems adhere to current security standards and best practices.
- Work with end-users to support their needs, including application troubleshooting, account creation, and permission granting.
- Collaborate with the Senior IT Service Operations Manager to create and establish support processes that are efficient and flexible to our user needs.
- Establish and document procedures and processes regarding IT systems.
- Work with various Newfront stakeholders on projects and complex tasks.
- Perform regular system maintenance.
- Troubleshoot high-level issues to completion.
- Provide solutions to our ever-changing technology stack.
- Establish excellent relations with our third-party support vendors.
- Assist in managing and maintaining all IT systems.
- Assess and make recommendations for efficiency across all systems.
- Administration tasks, such as account setups, application support, and account terminations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources
- Document and update all IT systems.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT operations team and end-users.
- Demonstrate angelic-like patience.
- Participate in the on-call service desk support rotation, which may include evening and weekend hours.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Soft Skills:
- You work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- You are responsive to co-workers and colleagues.
- You strive to deliver an elevated level of customer service.
- You are naturally curious and resourceful when faced with technology challenges.
- You manage multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently.
- You are flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong documentation skills.
- You pay a high-level of attention to detail and appreciation of checklists and workflow processes.
- You have a prominent level of interest and appreciation of technology.
- You actively participate as a member of the IT management team and offer solutions and improvements in IT processes, procedures, and ways to improve the organization.
- Tech Skills:
- Must have an intimate understanding of Okta or other IDPs (Identity Providers).
- Must have an intimate understanding Google Workspace.
- Must have a deep understanding of Microsoft 365.
- Must have a deep understanding of Active Directory / Azure.
- Must be knowledgeable on Barracuda Backup, Email Security, Archiver, or comparable products.
- Must have experience with Zoom Meetings and Zoom Phone.
- Must have experience working with Amazon AWS (Amazon Workspaces).
- Must have experience integrating systems.
- Networking protocols such as DNS.
Education and experience
- Must have 5+ years of related client technical support experience.
- Must have 5+ years of working with various third-party systems.
- Must have 5+ years of systems administrator experience.
- Insurance or financial services industries background is preferred.
Certificates, licenses, registration
- Technology-related certifications are a plus.
- Must have a valid state driver's license.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to extended periods sitting at a desk, using a computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires ability to lift and move desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, and other IT-related equipment.
- This position may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
- At Newfront, creativity is spelled creativITy since the company depends on creative technology solutions to run and grow our business. Our 100 percent cloud infrastructure offers a variety of solutions to plan, implement, launch and manage. And our employees and clients - who happen to be some of the country's biggest names-give us myriad opportunities to build innovative tools to help them solve and succeed. We work hard to be on the leading edge of technology in our industry and hope you'll inspire us to even greater levels of ingenuity.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.