We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they're given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further ?100m investment bringing our series C funding to over ?200m and in the process becoming one of Europe's latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
What you will do?
As part of our tech department, you'll be responsible for creating the best IT environment for all employees based in UK, Paris, Germany and Remote. Reporting to Hakim, our Senior IT manager, you will help the team to work with technology in optimal conditions, assist them, understand and respond to their needs with frictionless solutions, improve their user experience and kill their pain points. The task will go from maintaining our fleet of laptops (macOS/Linux/Windows), handle issues affecting users' devices, printers, local network and videoconferencing system. Internet access, accounts and access rights will be managed, either directly or in communication with vendors and external service providers. You will also train employees on their computers and on software used at Spendesk. You'll be responsible for our internal systems security as well as to drive a security-driven mindset in the team by communicating extensively on the dangers of social engineering.
- Support, advise, help: You will be the first contact for IT facilities and will guide team members through training and support
- Manage our processes:You will create our internal processes and work continuously to improve our overall end-user experience (request handling, on-/off-boarding, etc...)
- Maintain, handle: You will keep an inventory of all IT asset data (laptops, servers, phones, accessories, serial numbers, software keys, locations, maintenance records, purchase orders, etc.) and support our local network infrastructure.
- Collaborate: You will participate in various projects, setting up and maintaining different solutions such as device management, inventory software, videoconferencing, hardware evaluation etc...
- Back-up: You will assist in the management of IT applications (accounts and access rights rigorous management for Google Apps, Slack, 1Password, etc...)
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience in the field
- You have a solid experience with the MacOS ecosystem and are familiar with Linux and Windows too
- You have a minimum of knowledge in network fundamentals (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Internet, VPN), system administration (SSH, CLI) and scripting (Shell, Python)
- Experience in security-related tasks, or at the very least: great interest in security topics
- Experience with tools such as Slack, Zoom, GoogleSkilled with MDM (JAMF would be better) and experience in security
- Previous experience working in SaaS environments
- You must be a good communicator with good listening skills
- Handling requests from both employees and teams
- A rigorous capability to follow a process and showing good organisation skills
- Ability to keep calm and work with autonomy
- Excellent communication ability in French and English
- As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
- 1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
- 2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
- 3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions