Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender that focuses on creating solutions for our borrowers, partners, and employees—to provide the very best experience. We are genuine and hard-working individuals who are not scared to improve and intentionally push beyond what is considered “good enough.”
Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
As a Junior Application Developer, you will be responsible for creating innovative, quality solutions to complex business problems by designing, developing and implementing prototype applications. The incumbent will build moderately complex database / spreadsheet applications and tools that directly impact the business. Projects may entail incremental enhancements to existing databases/spreadsheets as well as a build-out of new databases, models or reporting tools. While we're biased towards candidates with more experience, it's more important to find someone that is Smart and Gets Things Done, is passionate about delivering a great user experience, and can provide excellent solutions for our internal customers and engineers.
What You Will Do:
- Design, Develop, and Deploy Microsoft Access database tools
- Design, develop and deploy Microsoft Excel models and spreadsheets
- Partner with the business to understand requirements and translate them into a well-defined technical solution with an iterative deployment approach
- Projects will vary in scope and duration, and may entail incremental enhancements to existing databases/spreadsheets as well as a build-out of new databases
- Responsibilities will also include proper documentation of new/existing databases to ensure maintainability.
- Code, test, and debug existing programs and programs in development.
- Develop and maintain software technical documentation to assist in application maintenance and deployment
- Follow formal development methodologies adhering to design specification, design techniques, standards and established development guidelines
- Test software components for adherence to the user requirements
- Modify, enhance and implement software systems designed to support new or existing business initiatives
- Researches, evaluates and implements new technology to optimize application efficiency and usability.
- Extended and weekend work hours may be required
What You Need:
- Ability to provide training on any products created by the Program Analyst.
- Ability to “own” projects from start to finish, from requirements gathering to testing to deployment, with regular status updates to management and users
- Experience working with relational databases
- A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills due to the nature of their job, which includes designing database architectures and complex program elements
- 1-3+ Years Experience within various Microsoft office based software applications as well as general database programming concepts related to other applications
- Ability to learn quickly, communicate effectively, multitask, and prioritize work in a very demanding environment
- Change is the only constant for the team, so the ideal candidate must welcome change and have an insatiable appetite for learning
- Success when direction changes rapidly, utilize flexible thought processes, and can work in a close-knit team environment to produce the high quality product that our customers expect.
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- The ideal candidate must be able to learn quickly, communicate effectively, multitask, and prioritize work in a very demanding environment
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively in order to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. In lieu of degree, 2-4 years related business experience
- 2 or more years experience coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, schema/database design
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- Great compensation package.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader - we are aiming for the top!
- Octane, our engineered proprietary technology that is transforming the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Full Benefits, beginning the first day of the month following your start date, including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, and much more.
- Generous paid time off package that also includes all major holidays.
- 401K w/ 50% match - Beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
Cardinal Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. The expected base salary for this position ranges from $47,000 to $75,000, depending upon the experience and skill set.