Position: Lead Systems Engineer
Function: FAA Program Support
Remote Work Option: Yes
Cobec is consistently breaking the current mold for delivering services to our government clients. What does that mean? That means believing in a “people first” mentality, building high performance teams and empowering people to make informed decisions without going through a large bureaucratic system. Cobec values the well-being of employees and bestows tremendous trust in those people to negotiate work and non-work obligations. Cobec is where someone can bring their whole self to work and be themselves, never having to compromise their authenticity just to fit in. Lastly, we believe in the work we do, the goals and missions of our customers and the interpersonal relationships we have with clients, stakeholders and our people.
Values and Expectations
The successful candidate for this role embodies the same values as Cobec. We realize experience is important, however; Cobec believes a person’s abilities and skills that align with our values (Relationships, Leadership, Passion, Accountability, Integrity, Innovation, Quality, Teamwork, Diversity, Commitment, & Respect) are the most important drivers for success in this role.
In addition to exhibiting our values, a successful candidate for this role is expected to be a high performer, organized, dynamic, and have a positive attitude.
Position Type: Lead Systems Engineer
The candidate should possess the following:
- Detail oriented mindset and proficiency in researching, analyzing, documenting information;
- Strong and proven leadership skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, effective communication and relationship building are key to this position;
- Possess a flexible personality, self-motivated and willingness to multi-task;
- Strong knowledge of program implementation and lifecycle activities;
- Ability to manage teams responsible for development and implementation in the NAS;
- Ability to assess system software releases, identify issues, determine and execute the mitigation steps and work across multiple teams;
- Knowledge of the System Engineering process, including requirements development and management, National Airspace System (NAS) Architecture development, and test planning.
- Skilled in using MS Suite;
- Experience coordinating and testing NAS systems on the FAA Federal National Test Bed (FNTB)
- Bachelor’s in a technical field, to include but not limited to: engineering, math, physics, chemistry, management/computer information systems, aviation/information technology, , air traffic control/management, etc. is required. A Masters degree in any field counts for three years experience, and a PhD counts for three years experience. An additional five years experience may be substituted for the degree stated.
Responsibilities: Works with limited oversight to perform information systems engineering, functional analysis of ATC/M system requirements, development, production, test and evaluation of related information systems. Includes, but not limited to, systems engineering activities oversight, demonstrated expertise with new and legacy systems, technical alternative analyses, acquisition management of information systems, and information management tools. Duties include, but are not limited to, performing hardware and software analyses to provide comparative data or performance characteristics and suitability within the existing environment, usually under the guidance of a more senior leader or manager. Provides recommendations on configuration management issues. Assists in the design and development of operational use cases and their integration as part of the program office requirements management, change request management, and overall configuration management functions, including management of the configuration-controlled baselines.
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 10-20 equivalent years of relevant experience. Specific experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is required. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. may count for additional years of experience.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Individuals will assist in the efficient and effective operation of the program office, providing on-site program execution and financial management support to analyze, resolve and track budgetary and other financial issues with emphasis on financial execution support activities. In the program execution and financial management support area, the individual’s activities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct support to the POP program office and its team members.
- Provide leadership and is responsible for the execution of assigned duties that include evaluating requirements documents and monitoring schedule activities; tracking project activities to ensure project stays on schedule.
- Oversee preparation and delivery of artifact documentations such as ConOps, PRD, SSD, System Test Plan, etc.
- Prepare and deliver program documentation, such as presentations, briefings, charts, graphs, etc.
- Perform planning, tracking, monitoring of program status, action items, and activities.
- Lead and participate in program meetings to update the team on the progress of on-going work on weekly basis.
- Support program meetings by developing required documentation, such as meeting agendas, minutes, lesson learned, etc.
- Support POP program meetings and other cross-functional forums as required.
- Review and prepare program reports for upper management.
Bachelor’s degree required and Post Graduate degrees are a plus Master’s degree is a plus and may count as additional years of experience
High level of proficiency with MS Excel and other MS Office Products. Strong analytical background and good interpersonal skills.
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years. Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
The selected person will be required to work closely with personnel located at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ. Up to 10% travel may be required.
Cobec Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state and local law.