Manager, Payment System Interfaces
Location: San Francisco or Seattle. Remote in North America only
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. Payment System Interfaces is a highly analytical team of payments experts, responsible for enabling smooth, scalable, and mutually beneficial interactions between financial partners and Stripe’s payments infrastructure systems.
As a Manager on Payment System Interfaces, you will support your team members in leading cross-functional initiatives spanning the breadth of teams across Payment System Interfaces, Payments Experiences & Platforms, and Global teams. You will focus on developing careers, setting guidelines and sharing best practices, and providing hands-on coaching and mentorship for your reports. You will also build strategic and operational programs yourself, helping the entire organization, and Stripe’s key payment infrastructure, scale better.
- Cultivate a metrics-driven approach to defining project success and deciding what to focus on
- Set clear goals - both for individuals and for the team - and provide regular actionable feedback
- Recruit and train highly skilled technical payments experts, and define organizational processes to support them
- Help your team members with professional growth and challenge them to exceed expectations
- Triage issues and remove obstacles to progress
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably with a globally distributed team
- 10+ years of working in payments or FinTech
- Strong hands-on technical or analytical skills
- The ability to create functional and organizational processes that scale with growth
- Enthusiasm for nurturing talent through coaching, mentoring, and career development conversations