We're looking for an experienced Managing Editor to join the Creator Marketing team! Who are we? We're a cross-functional group dedicated to helping artists and their teams thrive. Spotify for Artists started as a focused analytics app for artists, and has since grown into the leading music industry brand with a suite of products, services, and content for artists, songwriters, labels, managers, music marketers, and publishers.
Location: New York or Remote Americas
Job type: Permanent
You’ll be in charge of editorial content across our owned channels, including Spotify for Artists, Spotify Charts, and Noteable. You’ll also oversee editorial-driven marketing initiatives and own the creator-facing editorial calendar and strategy. This role will report to the Head of Creator Content and will oversee contractors and manage a team of freelance writers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and create content for the Spotify for Artists and Noteable blogs to connect with Spotify’s creator audiences around the world; content will range from inspirational to educational to marketing and product-focused
- Oversee international blog content and expand our reach into new markets
- Measure the impact of editorial content and use data to inform your decision-making
- Lead and develop a team of editorial contractors and freelance writers, building out a robust freelance network to amplify a variety of voices and insights
- Work with internal teams and external partners to oversee backend development and frontend design of our owned editorial channels
- Oversee the editorial calendar, annual editorial planning, and stakeholder approvals, working closely with product, growth, and brand marketing, events, PR, and legal teams
Who You Are:
- You have successfully managed a newsroom or content marketing team, overseeing all aspects of the editorial planning and production process
- You have planned and created written content that doesn’t just tell stories, but adds value for your target audience and drives impact for the business
- You not only keep up with music as a consumer, but you understand the nuances of the music industry, the relationships between artists and their teams, and the creator journey
- You can clearly communicate complex technical concepts and speak to a variety of audiences, ranging from artists to marketers, with authenticity, personality, and empathy
- Experience creating editorial content for the music industry is a plus!
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.