Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Middle DevOps Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Canada. The client is the leading provider of data, technologies, and insights that enable financial institutions to make better and more profitable, data-driven decisions faster. They bring a new level of industry expertise across deposits, lending, digital experience solutions, and technologies to market. Through access to comprehensive datasets and analytics, intelligent technologies, and connected behavioral insights, it is the partner of choice to help to attract, retain and grow more profitable customer relationships. We are looking for a contract DevOps Engineer who will work side by side with the DevOps architect, engineering, platform, development, IT, and operations teams to improve project build and release infrastructure and automate the various promotion processes we have internally and manage containerized high availability production environments.
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps in a production environment.
- 1+ years of experience with AWS in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions.
- Familiarity with AWS services - EC2, S3, and EKS.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Compose, Jenkins, JIRA, ELK, Graylog, and Prometheus.
- Proficiency in Terraform and either Chef or Ansible.
- Proficiency in two or more storage and messaging technologies (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, S3, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Impala).
- Expertise in Linux administration/engineering.
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving and working independently or immersed within teams with no boundaries.
- Deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high-performance, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS-based applications.
- Experience working with configuration management systems and deployment automation.
- Excellent business communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Maintain and build the client’s on-prem and AWS infrastructure.
- Own on-prem deployments of Kubernetes, Jenkins, Prometheus, and GitLab.
- Own, maintain, and improve the CI/CD process.
- Perform on incorporating deployment and automated tests into the CI/CD process.
- Work with DevOps architect and IT architects to identify the correct solution.
- Collaborate with the team and identify ways to improve the deployment architecture.
Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, an individual approach to our teammates’ professional and personal growth, and a family-like environment.
Since 2003 we have served a wide range of customers, from innovative start-ups in California to large corporations like Ingenico, AstraZeneca, and Ancestry. At Svitla, developers work with clients directly, building lasting and successful partnerships.
Our global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of other communities and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
- If you are interested in our vacancy, please send your CV. We will be happy to see you in our friendly team :)