Mobile Application Developer
Marathon Health (www.marathon-health.com) people are more than just employees—they are ambassadors. Join our mission to change healthcare! We are hiring a full-time Android mobile app developer with either a Senior level developer with proven skills or a Junior level developer with promising chops looking to grow. The Mobile App Developer will aid in the ongoing development and enhancement of our mobile patient portal. As a mobile app developer, you’ll be a critical participant in one of the key focus areas of Marathon Health’s commitment to provide a 5 star experience to our users. You'll immediately be an important member of a development team with a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities. This position may be remote.
This is a full-time position that in addition to a great team and work environment offers competitive pay and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays and resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
About Marathon Health
Marathon Health is one of the nation’s leading providers of employer-based health services. We serve businesses throughout the United States, providing a different kind of healthcare program that focuses on total population health management and health risk reduction.
Marathon Health promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE).
- Helping us to build, maintain and improve our mobile application platform
- Building native mobile applications for Android. (Android development is all done with Kotlin.)
- Building native mobile applications that consume remote APIs - primarily JSON response
- Collaborate closely with our product, design, and software engineers
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing bugs and performance regressions
- Identifying bottlenecks and places for improvement in existing code bases so we can continue to provide our customers with the best experience
- Providing estimates for development timelines based on a known set of requirements
- Define and document the designs for applications and enhancements
- Creates, reviews, and may coordinate execution of unit test plans for multiple projects
Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of HTTP/REST
- Strong understanding of the deployment process for mobile apps
- Experience with Unit/Integration testing for mobile frameworks
- Experience participating in code reviews
- Utilize your experience and judgement to make the system scalable and performant
- You will need to be self-motivating, self-directing, a great communicator and comfortable working with a distributed team
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language relevant to app development for Android
- Experience developing apps for Android
- Experience with the workflow of making apps available to customers in the App Store and Google Play
- Demonstrable knowledge of unit testing methodologies, particularly as applied to mobile app development
- Experience working with APIs, either integrating a third-party API or creating your own when necessary
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
- Some experience with iOS a plus
Marathon Health COVID-19 Testing & Vaccination Policy
- As of October 4, 2021, Marathon Health will require all employees (excluding PRN employees) to obtain and provide the results of a weekly COVID-19 test for each week during which they are scheduled to work, unless they have provided proof of vaccination. COVID-19 vaccinated employees will not require weekly testing as long as they submit their vaccination records.
- Per state laws in California, New York, Washington and Oregon, all employees working in our health centers in those states must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
(Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $60,800+ Benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20) of the minimum wage compensation for this role when being hired to work in Colorado