What is Trusted Health?
We are a team of nurses and innovators that are reimagining how healthcare staffing works. We connect healthcare workers with caregiving facilities by displacing the recruiter-centric staffing agency with our intelligent matching marketplace. Our platform significantly lowers costs and decreases time-to-fill by connecting the right caregivers with the right opportunities at the right times.
Digital labor marketplaces are just beginning to emerge in healthcare, and you’ll join a uniquely experienced team with ample funding, top-tier investors, and ambitions to become the preeminent leaders in the space. Come join us!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced payroll professional to lead the payroll function in a complex and fast-growing healthcare tech startup. We need someone with a unique blend of proven experienced payroll processing and controls building to take over leadership of the team & payroll operations, cross-functionally collaborate with the product team, and to up-level and scale our people and processes as we enter our next wave of growth as a company.
- Manage weekly payroll processes for multi-state, multi-company payroll and prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly close
- Oversee daily payroll operations on general and give coaching and guidance to payroll team members
- Manage and improve systems that we use to create efficiencies and develop more automated processes within payroll and time collection data with Product & Engineering Team
- Manage all payroll audits, workers compensation audits, 401k audit, and first financial audit etc.
- Work cross functionally with HR and Finance to implement systems for benefits and workers compensation inside ADP
Who you are
- Creative. You love developing new and better ways of getting things done at scale.
- High Integrity. You never cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence. You’d rather do what is right, rather than what is easy.
- Analytical. You’re a skilled financial modeler and analyst (Excel), comfortable diving deep into details but also able to communicate complex/technical findings to a non-technical audience
- Fast learner. Ok, so maybe you haven't done 100% of the list above, but you’re excited about picking up new things and you’re happy when learning new skills and tackling new challenges. You’re a self-starter and if provided with the right direction you’ll figure out how to get to the destination.
- 8+ years of experience in Payroll Operations role in a startup environment or equivalent experience in private industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance/or related degree (CPP preferred)
- Advanced Excel/Data management skills (Pivots, Vlookups, etc.)
- Deep understanding of preparation of payroll taxes, multi-state payroll complexity, and compliance
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation & sick time and flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Employer sponsored 401k
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.