About the Job
Hi! We're antidote ☺︎ a marketing agency communicating through email & SMS. It's a weird niche and one crowded with self-described "direct marketers." We're not that....we genuinely love brands, design, all things creative & running *profitable marketing*.
About the position:
We're on the lookout for a quick-thinking, level-headed do-er and all-around awesome team player with interest and experience in both people and business operations.
As our ‘People & Operations Lead,’ you’ll help support the most important asset in our business: the people. this role is strategic - identifying the personnel needed to support growth, recruiting, employee relations, and the associated financial administration.
Working closely with our founder, you will be responsible for the successful management & evolution of key processes and programs.
You’ll know you’re successful when our systems and structures allow the team to do their best work and develop, not only in their jobs but also as people - you will "find them, grow them, and keep them."
Knowing that our people are at the heart of our business, you will ensure the individuals that makeup antidote are happy and motivated; the perfect candidate for this role is somebody who works collaboratively and intuitively to ensure our people are happy and our business runs smoothly.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to progress into the role of People & Operations Manager.
Now a little about you:
You're a self-starter. You take the initiative & make things happen. You love to collaborate and bring ideas to life while taking feedback to iterate and improve. You present design ideas quickly and without ego. you believe that rapid learning always wins (& that knowing this makes life easier).
You enjoy written communication and love working within a process to make things feel more efficient & enjoyable. you have agency experience and are extremely comfortable working with tight deadlines.
You have a deep love for modern brands and are obsessed with the products & world they develop.
- Identifying positions needed to support the growth of the business, writing job descriptions, posting open positions, reviewing resumes, initial interviewing, and coordinating interviews with the broader team for potential candidates.
- Process HR-related matters, including new hire paperwork, offer letters, references, and background checks.
- Provide new employees with a proper induction/onboarding process, making them feel welcome and prepared.
- Drive personal development plans, ensuring our people are getting the career progression they deserve while ensuring the progression in sync with the company vision and objectives.
- Manage relationships with outside contractors (copywriters), ensuring we have the resources needed to complete high-quality work on time while also making sure they feel supported and developing lasting relationships.
- Drive the documentation of our process (for training purposes) and spot opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency while also ensuring the highest level of quality within our work.
- Serve as the first point of contact and respond to inquiries from staff about company benefits, policies, and HR programs.
- Maintain accurate records of payroll data and projections, run payroll, process all accounts payable, and manage account receivable transactions (invoicing).
- Recommend changes to financial management policies and procedures for increased efficiency, cost savings, and/or enhanced management information.
- A solid understanding of the CPG industry, their business needs within marketing & how specialized agencies support those needs in a more efficient manner.
- Keen financial understanding and experience managing revenue, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Responsible for resourcing and recruitment, you know exactly what (or who) we need and when.
- You’re familiar with compliance, responsible for employment contracts, and facilitation of reviews.
- With a focus on progression, growth, and succession, you will implement innovative programs as our company grows in size and diversity.