Reporting to the Senior Director of the Office of the CISO, the Principal Security Strategist, is a highly visible internal and external role responsible for assisting the sales, marketing, engineering, and customer success teams to accelerate opportunity closure by establishing Gong as a leader in protection and assurance. The Office of the CISO is a global team under the direction of the Gong Chief Information Security Officer. The team's mission is to promote Gong security and drive customer success.
The senior role is based in Dublin to help drive expansion of our security and privacy leadership within the region. The role is designed for a leadership position with the combination of deep security and privacy knowledge. The expectation is that this role will be an expansion opportunity to build a team and enhance the security brand in the EMEA region and globally.
The role is a customer facing position where you will be expected to build relationship with security stakeholders and drive solution-oriented outcomes. Experience in navigating the security landscape across complex organizations is essential to drive outcomes which are aligned with the sales and marketing plans.
We are seeking a highly engaging addition to our team who understands the security and compliance requirements which are present and emerging. The ideal candidate will have that unique combination of being able to articulate the common themes and unique customer requirements by country. The priority countries are France, Germany, Ireland, and United Kingdom.
As an expert on Gong's product and security capabilities, the Principal Security Strategist will work closely with the sales, product management and engineering teams to help develop the product security strategy for the EMEA region.
Support the sales teams and customer support in handling complex security objections in sales, advise marketing on security resonant media and liaison with product management and information security as the voice-of-the-customer for security product enhancements and requests.
As a Principal Security Strategist, they will leverage their experience and expert level knowledge to advise, influence and support the execution on Gong's trusted platform initiatives and go-to-market strategy to drive greater assurance in Gong's solutions.
Candidates must have a strong background in cyber security, privacy, compliance and experience working directly with customers.
- Serve as a security expert that will ensure the Gong Sales Team is supported in Pre-sales efforts
- Serve as a security expert that will ensure the Gong Customer Service Team is supported in post-sales and implementations efforts
- Develop sales collateral which resonates with the security and privacy expectations across the EMEA region.
- Build thought leadership and promote Gong security by actively engaging with industry organizations across EMEA.
- Identify senior security leadership at Gong customers and set key evaluation criteria of Gong products.
- Maintain an active pulse on Gong's customers' problems and needs to inform our product & security strategy.
- Drive cross-functional efforts across marketing, sales, and strategy to address customer security needs related to the Gong platform.
- Develop and advise on the creation and upkeep of customer-facing, security-centric collateral for use throughout all phases of the selling cycle.
- Responsible for partnering across the organization to ensure valuable and impactful security content is developed for Gong clients and partners.
- Develop thought leadership content specific to Gong's differentiated approach to security and privacy.
- 10+ Years of technical and leadership experience across multiple technologies and organizations.
- 7 + Years of cloud technology experience.
- 5 + years in customer facing and revenue impacting roles (sales, sales support, customer success)
- Exposure to integrations with Salesforce, Zoom, G-suite, and Microsoft Azure
- CISSP. CISM and/or other security certifications desired.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security, compliance and sales.
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) / Privacy in Technology - or other privacy certifications (nice to have)
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty (nice to have)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Gong believes in offering competitive compensation and benefits tailored to the local region
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.