The Product Copywriter writes product copy for zulily.com. Every day. Every product. Your descriptions. Make them engaging, accurate and pleasing to the customer! Impact their experience in selecting items for their family. Impact our customer satisfaction and our success!
This position works closely with our design and merchandising teams to develop effective and compelling copy that reflects the zulily brand. Ability to work effectively within diverse groups and independently is a must.
*This position will be fully remote. You must work remotely in the state of OH only.
Job Description Details
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
Functional/Technical Skills -90%
- Create compelling content with a consistent eye on educating customers and maximizing sales, while mastering the zulily voice 70%
- Ability to write basic HTML coding 5%
- Ability to uphold legal and brand standards to ensure products comply 10%
- Self-Edit product descriptions for grammar, spelling, usage and style, adhering to the zulily copy style guide 15%
Interpersonal savvy – 10%
- Work with merchant teams to accurately and effectively communicate product information, researching independently when necessary 5%
- Respond to product page edits as needed quickly and accurately 5%
- Manage own workload and deadlines in conjunction with team meetings
- Consistently meets production and quality goals on a daily basis
- Develop cross functional partnerships
- Develop an understanding of all zulily products
- Bachelor of Arts in English preferred or a minimum two years of writing experience
- Strong command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Knowledge of Associate Press (AP) style guide a plus, but not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, self-starter and ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Ability to learn and utilize multiple internal web/publishing/inventory tools and applications
- Knowledge of basic html a plus, but not required
- Ability to pass a writing test
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.