It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a seasoned Product Design Manager to join our design team. Our team is focused on creating world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial space.
As a Product Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of talented product designers. You’ll foster an environment for creativity and growth, eliminate roadblocks for your team, and focus on practices for recruiting and retaining top talent.
Your impact will be seen at a granular level, providing feedback for your team’s in-flight design work, as well as at highly strategic product levels. You’ll empower designers to grow and develop their own influence within the organization, while also partnering with product, engineering, and data leaders.
- 2+ years experience in people management, with a proven track record of sourcing and growing talent within an organization
- Proven success shaping design processes and environments to empower individual contributors to do their best work
- Proven success designing and shipping high-quality, impactful, end-to-end experiences as a design lead and/or manager
- A passion for inspiring design and product teammates with a clear vision
- The ability to strategically influence product roadmaps by partnering with other design, product and engineering leaders
- A natural instinct to tackle large, complex problems head-on, and a tendency towards action
- The ability to mentor and foster the talent and skill sets of a team of designers. This includes magnifying individual strengths, while also coaching for areas of improvement
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfort presenting and working with senior executives
- Experience molding organizational design and structure to adapt to a quickly growing team
- An interest in modern financial tools for customers and businesses, and a perspective on key opportunities for improvement in this space
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process and leadership capabilities. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.