Location: Portland, OR, US
Since 2003, BlueVolt has been a pioneer in the online eLearning industry. BlueVolt consistently ranks as the top learning and marketing platform, combined with world-class customer service. The secret to BlueVolt success is its sharing network—sharing more than half a million pieces of product training from a variety of industries and manufacturers. BlueVolt supports a wide range of organizations to increase sales, build brand leadership, and enhance employee knowledge.
BlueVolt is growing and we need a strong Product Manager.
The Product Manager will join our Product Development team to help drive the definition and implementation of our SaaS products. You’ll work as a partner with BlueVolt’s customer–facing teams (content, sales, support, customer success and marketing) to determine the desired experience for each type of user. You’ll work in and with the engineering team to build and deliver these experiences.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform market and customer research to develop new features and functions for the platform.
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data to uncover new product insights.
- Work with BlueVolt teams to launch and operationalize new features.
- Be an internal advocate, educator, and communicator about the platform.
- Write specs, manage project execution, and define product rollout strategy and communications.
- Communicate product roadmap, learnings, advocate for new features, and write documentation for technical and non-technical audiences through the use of compelling data storytelling.
- Communicating to stakeholders about release updates.
- Take an active role in seeking and supporting customer feedback as a regular part of product development activities.
- Manage Product Owners.
- Oversee and execute User testing with customer advisory board.
- Participate in the process of the BlueVolt engineering team.
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items and Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions of the executive
- Coach team members on good hygiene and practices.
- Maintain a healthy balance between engineering and product
- Create a culture of ideas and innovation
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Proven track record of leading by example, with empathy, and using positive influence
- 5+ years of product management or closely related experience from a project and product ideation through launch required
- Ability to build consensus, work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, self-motivated, and can prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of the product lifecycle (user needs, market opportunity, product vision, technical capability, product specs, schedule prioritization, successful product delivery)
- Demonstrated ability to meet and beat agreed-upon targets and deadlines
- Travel to customer and non-customer sites (up to 20%)
- Substantial customer and market research experience
- Prior experience in marketing enterprise-class software
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of marketing strategies
- Knowledge of data management products and enterprise system topology
- Sincere willingness to learn and grow
- Experience in a cloud/SAAS based internet business desired
The Product Manager works with the Agile teams and stakeholders, aligning the vision for all in one shared product backlog. The Product Manager is responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from work of the Engineering Team. They have the authority to order the product backlog and align teams to meet release goals.