What we need
We’re looking for a motivated, talented Product Manager to help to build on our mission to democratize discovery and ensure that we are making the best possible product that we can for our customers. We are looking for someone who can help us take our pie in the sky ideas for our product and break them down into bite size pieces for our team to execute on. We need someone who enjoys working cross functionally and interacting with customers and is always looking for the best solution to the problem. Someone who likes to ask questions and isn’t afraid to voice their opinions and can help create a unified vision of our product. Someone who is happy to be a great representation of Logikcull to our customers would be a great fit for this role.
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize the complex, expensive and risky process of legal discovery. By empowering organizations of all kinds with our powerfully simple, self-serve model and pay-as-you-go pricing, we’re disrupting an $80 billion dollar industry, helping ensure that people and businesses get a fair shake in our legal system, and making access to information fast and affordable for all.
Less than 2% of all legal disputes in the United States go to trial. Instead, the vast majority of litigation and investigations are resolved through the slow, insecure and ludicrously expensive process of discovery -- an institution so antiquated and clumsy, it’s still referred to as “eDiscovery.” Logikcull is the Spotify to eDiscovery’s clunky phonograph records; the Uber to its disjointed fleet of high-priced cabs. We empower people and organizations of all stripes to navigate the typically onerous, vendor-driven eDiscovery process with powerfully simple cloud-based software that anyone, anywhere can use at any time to find, review and share discovery information fast, easily and at a fraction of the cost. That’s why Logikcull is the preferred solution of more than 1500 organizations in 40+ countries, including more than 600 law firms, dozens of Fortune 500 companies, some of the most well-respected non-profits, and leading government entities like the cities of New York, Chicago and Boston.
What you’ll do:
- Driving improvements of the core Logikcull app
- Interacting with our customer base to understand how they use the product and where their pain points are
- Reviewing and analyzing data to advise our product growth
- Taking ambiguous problems and turning them into concrete specs our engineering and design teams can execute on
- Provide regular updates for technical and non-technical stakeholders about product improvements and roadmaps
- Combine the voice and needs of the users and business requirements to create both high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans of features and capabilities based on data
- Use a metrics driven product development approach
- Define success measures for roadmap items and demonstrate measurable impact on those success metrics
- Mind melding with key stakeholders throughout the organization including Engineering, Design, Sales, Finance and the Exec team on the product vision
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration and support
- High user empathy and the ability to understand which problems will require solutions to maximize retention and value for our largest accounts
- 3-5 years experience in a B2B SaaS company focusing on customer value initiatives
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines while maintaining multiple projects and a high quality bar
- Ability to communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders (both internal and external) in a variety of mediums (email, presentations, in-person).
- Experience conducting user research, interviews and usability testing for both highly technical and non technical customers
- Experience working in an agile environment where writing feature specs and working with Engineering and Design to define the Definition of Done is critical
- Ability to think strategically about growth initiatives and partner with GTM teams to achieve those initiatives
- Ability to work from home with a reliable internet connection and distraction-free environment
Characteristics we seek:
- Smart, and not arrogant
- Humble, and hard working
- Entrepreneurial, not risk-averse
- Nice, and not disingenuous
- Grit, and lots of it!
Our core values:
- Start with the why
- Put the customer first
- Pursue powerful simplicity
- Do the right thing
- Be S.H.E.N.G. (see characteristics above)
- Logikcull covers 99% of medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents
- 401K plus matching
- Equity in a growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- 100% remote/distributed workforce in US, Canada and UK
- Phone and Internet subsidy
- New Baby program including 14 weeks for birth parent, 8 weeks for non birth parent(s), two weeks of meals and house cleaning services
- Unlimited reimbursement for professional books & annual stipend for conferences / higher education
- Peer recognition program (called LogikProps) with accumulated points to be cashed in for gift cards, merchandise, cash, or donated to worthy cause
- Membership to Calm, a meditation app
- Half-day Fridays!
What people say about us:
- What our customers have to say about us: G2 on Logikcull
- What industry analysts think of us: Gartner on Logikcull
- What our employees express about working here: Glassdoor on Logikcull
Logikcull is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.