Peek is the leading software platform for the tours, activities and rentals industry (e.g., hot air balloon rides, boat rentals, ziplining, cooking classes), empowering thousands of operators to automate their businesses and grow revenue by an average of 30%. More than 8 million activities lasting over 1.4 billion hours have been booked through the Peek platform, and Peek activities have received more than one million verified 5-star reviews.
Peek has won numerous awards for innovation, including being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Travel and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer (alongside past winners such as Google and Spotify). Forbes called Peek “North America's Next Travel Unicorn” and the company has raised over $50 million in funding from top tech investors such as Eric Schmidt and Jack Dorsey. Peek’s CEO Ruzwana Bashir has been named one of Fortune's Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs, Fast Company's 100 Most Creative People in Business and was a Finalist for Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year.
Peek follows a “remote-first” philosophy, with our team of over 150 Peeksters distributed across exciting locales such as San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, Chile, Colombia and beyond.
Peek’s product team takes pride in balancing the fast pace of a startup, continually driving innovation with the needs of a mature B2B SaaS software development business. We have a customer-centric culture and genuinely believe that feedback is a gift. This philosophy guides our product development philosophy and is a key to Peek’s product success.
If all of this gets you excited and you want to be part of an industry-transforming growth-stage startup, come “take a Peek” and talk to our recruiting team!
PS: Peek just made the 2021 Forbes America's Best Startups Employer list!
About the Position
We are looking for a highly driven product manager to own the planning, execution, and delivery of core products that drive value and grow revenue for operators on Peek. You will think big to drive new opportunities, dive deep into data to uncover operator insights, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you collaborate closely with engineers, designers, operations, marketers, and other cross-functional team members to solve complex problems and ensure business objectives are being met.
This position will report to the Director of Product Management, with extensive cross-functional interaction.
Our team is “remote-first”, however, we prefer candidates in the same time zones as the greater United States (UTC-10 to UTC-4).
- Outline roadmap, set priorities, and drive features through their entire lifecycle: ideation, definition, development, release, analysis, and iteration.
- Engage extensively with customers and internal teams to understand user needs and translate those needs into a compelling roadmap. Manage a backlog of innovative features and technical requirements.
- Launch new products and drive feature adoption by collaborating with Product Ops and various internal stakeholders on go-to-market strategies.
- Tackle complex problems and simplify them into clear next steps and rally stakeholders around them.
- Stay hyper-focused on the data. Combine qualitative and quantitative data and seamlessly incorporate these insights into product improvements.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 3+ years working as a Product Manager or similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to energize stakeholders and drive alignment across cross functional teams in a remote environment.
- Ability to function with a high level of autonomy in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience working with a high-performing team of software engineers in an agile development process.
- Strong data mindset to understand product usage and identify opportunities to drive high-impact changes and improvements to the product.
- High level of empathy and a passion for understanding operators’ pain points, does not shy away from customer interviews.
- Familiarity working in a remote environment
- Experience in travel and activity space is helpful but not required
- Stock options with a standard 4-year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision, and other voluntary insurance
- 401k with 50% matching up to 6% vested over 3-years
- 10 days of accrued PTO +16 holiday paid days, which includes the holiday shut-down during the weeks of Christmas and New Year
- 8 weeks parental paid leave for the birthing parent and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- $50 per month WFH allowance to enhance your office, internet and/or connectivity
- Annual "Peekiversary" gifts
Peek Travel Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.