Product Manager (Mobile App Monetization)
Who We Are
At TapResearch, we believe that every business deserves access to critical market data about their products and services. We are on a mission to empower any company to access critical market insights to make better, data-driven decisions in real-time. Each day, our platform facilitates more than 10 million answers from people in 25 countries.
Hundreds of companies, like Qualtrics, Zynga and comScore, rely on our technology to collect consumer opinions from millions of people in mobile apps and games from publishers such as MiniClip, Jam City, Atari, PeopleFun and many others. By connecting marketers & researchers with their target audiences at massive scale, we are building a new generation of better, faster market research products.
Recently named one of Inc.'s Fastest Growing Companies in both 2018 and 2019, we are a fast-moving, rapidly growing, profitable company looking for great people to join us.
We are working hard to build an environment where both our team and our business thrive.
- We are intentional about providing an extreme level of transparency, because it is the only way to ensure everyone has the context they need to be effective in their role and to make the biggest impact on the company.
- We have a bias toward action and expect a high degree of personal ownership because that’s the only way to reach our goals.
- We care deeply about intellectual honesty and making sure we are asking ourselves the right questions.
- We make personal growth a priority, helping employees learn, grow and reach their goals.
- We are building a diverse and inclusive environment through specific sourcing and hiring policies designed to counteract implicit bias and encourage diversity and fairness.
About the Role
TapResearch is hiring a Product Manager (Mobile App Monetization) to join our team. This role will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for our mobile app monetization product. See: https://www.tapresearch.com/app-monetization-with-surveys. This product allows mobile app and game publishers to monetize their users through rewarded surveys. The product itself comprises multiple SDKs on Android, iOS, React Native and Unity, plus multiple APIs and web applications.
Tier one publishers like Social Point and Peoplefun rely on TapResearch rewarded surveys to generate revenue from their millions of users. TapResearch rewarded surveys is the leading survey monetization product on the market, connecting 10s of millions of mobile game players to tens of thousands of researchers.
This role will be responsible for defining and leading the evolution of this product, expanding how publishers can monetize their users. This role will also be responsible for understanding the mobile app market beyond games and identify opportunities to expand the footprint of this product.
You are passionate about the mobile app ecosystem and trends on both iOS and Android. You are aware of the big moves Apple is making in iOS 14 to limit access to their IDFA. You have a good sense for why developers choose to use Unity or React Native vs. building directly for iOS or Android. You speak mobile acronyms like iAP, ARPDAU, eCPMs and LTV.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own KPIs associated with this product, from weekly reporting to evolution of the KPIs themselves
- Monitor and analyze utilization of the current product through our BI tools
- Gather business requirements from our sales team
- Gather customer feedback directly from existing and prospective publishers
- Define a long term vision for monetization products that addresses opportunities in the market
- Define features and major product opportunities that balance external demands and internal constraints
- Define a cohesive roadmap that balances financial and strategic corporate objectives
- Work with a UX designer to define product interface changes
- Work with an engineering lead to define changes to APIs / SDKs that balance scalability and business needs
- Work with engineering on a weekly basis to shepherd development of product changes
- Consult with Tier 1 publishers on how to most effectively integrate our monetization product into their apps.
- Define and maintain self-service integration workflow (docs, onboarding, utilization tracking, etc) to service Tier 2 & 3 publishers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of experience in product management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, scientific, or business field
- Proven experience using data analytics to track KPIs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to lead cross-functional team
- Experience building an SDK product OR building a mobile app that integrated multiple SDKs
- Experience exploring data using SQL
- Strong interest in mobile gaming
- Startup experience
- Mobile monetization, Ad Tech experience
- Experience authoring technical (API) documentation
- Familiar with Ruby
Along with competitive compensation, TapResearch offers first-class benefits to all of its employees including:
- Unlimited PTO.
- 100% Healthcare Premium Reimbursement.
- Stock options.
- New Macbook, company swag kit.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TapResearch is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, and is committed to equal opportunity in our recruitment and selection process without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, ancestry, disability, medical condition, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.