Product Manager - Credit Risk Analytics
Do you enjoy collaborating with multiple teams and managing products from ideation through to delivery and continuous improvement?
Do you have an analytical mindset and enjoy working with data centric products/projects?
Are you looking for a position where your outcomes will have a direct impact on both the business and its customers?
If yes, then we could have the perfect role for you!
RateSetter has revolutionised the way people think about Investing and Borrowing and we’re proud to have won numerous awards over the past 10 years. We are also incredibly excited to be going into our next phase of growth with the support of Metro Bank.
To support this continued growth, we have an opportunity to work with RateSetter’s Credit Risk team to manage the full product life cycle, which will have a direct influence on our customers experiences in borrowing with RateSetter.
The role will be varied, challenging and involve;
- Management of the full product life cycle; including ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement to achieve the product vision and product requirements
- Working collaboratively to translate requirements into real working products, effectively communicating the ongoing product development journey to relevant stakeholders and measure the impact of changes to ensure that business benefits have been achieved
- Working effectively to agile methodology and support the product backlog, sprint backlogs, story creation
- Managing the creation of clear user stories at both low-level function point & over-arching theme level, complete with acceptance criteria
- Regularly update accurate records of product management communications and data in relevant tools and systems in line with company procedures
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships across the business, specifically across technology and key product stakeholders to ensure effective translation of business requirements to technology and vice versa
- Interaction with 3rd party suppliers where appropriate to maintain effective relationships that facilitate effective product improvements
And... we are a regulated financial services organisation so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and RateSetter and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Degree in a related field and/or previous backend product management experience preferably within a regulated consumer finance environment and data/numerical centric products
- Some proven experience in Agile environments
- Some experience of identifying and understanding user needs and behaviour in a business to business product environment
- Some experience of bringing products to market and support of the management of full end to end product development process
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, RateSetter and all our stakeholders
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked. So, if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!
This role is based from our London so all applicants must be fully eligible to work in the UK (we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship for this position) and be able to commute on a daily basis to 55 Bishopsgate, EC2N 3AS.
Given the current pandemic we are working in line with government guidelines and where possible colleagues are temporarily working remotely, including this role.
RateSetter is fully authorised and regulated by the FCA and offers of employment are subject to satisfactory reference checks. Should you be offered employment with RateSetter we will carry out checks on: employment history, academic/professional qualifications, criminal record and credit history.
- Pension Plan 9%
- Holiday; 25 days holiday and 1 extra day off for each years' service up to a maximum of 5 additional days. There is also an option to buy an additional 5 days holiday
- Holiday Long Service; An extra day off for every five years' service
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical Cover through Vitality Health
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast every Friday
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Social events; annual Christmas Party, quarterly team social budget and other events run by our social committee