About Illuminate EducationIlluminate Education is a market-leading Software as a Service (SaaS) student assessment and reporting platform used by K-12 administrators and educators to measure, analyze, and subsequently improve classroom and school-wide learning. Our solution brings together holistic data and collaborative tools and puts them in the hands of educators. Moment-by-moment, our users can visualize each student's progress, determine the right instructional or intervention strategy, and take the next best action. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Illuminate supports over 17 million students and 5200 schools and districts across all 50 states.
About the Opportunity
Illuminate Education is looking for a passionate, experienced Product Manager to take on the task of working from conception to product launch on an Illuminate Education product - FastBridge. Leveraging an understanding of edtech, assessment and reporting, along with product management experience, you will work collaboratively with end-users to understand what problems Illuminate Education can solve for them. You will understand customer needs, write high-quality software requirements, and work cross-functionally to deliver ongoing value.You will also take a collaborative and data-driven approach to defining product requirements, determining metrics and user-feedback cycles to gauge usage and success, iterate accordingly, and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Work cross-functionally to guide product development from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds.
- Build business cases, gather business requirements and partner with cross-functional teams to create specifications for development.
- Work with Product Owners to tTranslate highly complex problems into work and priorities that enable rapid, iterative development.
- Describe the “what” and “why” of new features, prioritize them on a roadmap, and serve as the hub for their successful rollout and launch,
- Ruthlessly prioritize work based on the product and portfolio-level priorities set by Illuminate product leadership.
- Engage product and engineering leads within Illuminate to find solutions across multiple technology stacks.
- Clearly communicate rationale for prioritization, challenges, and solutions.
- Effectively communicate roadmap plans and release information both internally and externally, serving as the Product SME and delivering information using appropriate tools for your intended audiences.
- Develop OKR’s, and monitor data on feature rollout to help gauge success and take relevant action.
Desired Mindset, Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in SaaS product management, preferably in K12 edtech
- Strategic thinker, with a passion for solving customer problems, and creativity to find news ways of solving them
- Ability to understand, explain, and write product requirements documents and other product-related documentation.
- Open to continuous improvement, with a willingness to collaborate and test out new methods and provide feedback.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Agile and user-centric product design and development approaches.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; particularly across distributed and remote teams.
- Experience delivering quality products within deadlines.
- Experience with workflow software.
- Highly organized and a motivated self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Pragmatic Marketing certification is highly desired.
- BA/BS required.