Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for ensuring product suite meets the needs of our customers and our business objectives. Researches and develops initiatives for product development and process enhancements. Works cross-functionally to execute these initiatives. Collaborates with impacted business areas to develop business cases and project proposals to initiate strategic projects and process improvements. Responsible for pricing strategy including model development, market and competitive analysis, recommendation of rates, and monitors origination results for all products to ensure rates remain competitive to drive volume while meeting return expectations. Responsible for product strategy, including market and competitive analysis, recommendations for pricing strategy, and monitors product adoption and quality to drive volume while delivering on operational excellence.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure product suite meets the needs of our customers and our business objectives.
- Research and develop initiatives for product development and process enhancements.
- Work cross-functionally to execute these initiatives. Collaborate with impacted business areas to develop business cases and project proposals to initiate strategic projects and process improvements.
- Take responsibility for pricing strategies, including developing models, market and competitive analysis, recommending rates, and monitoring origination results for all products to ensure rates remain competitive to drive volume while meeting return expectations.
- Prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop, manage and review shared communications plans, implementation plans, and risk logs to track progress and mitigate risk to implementations.
- Act as the business sponsor on initiatives and product enhancements to ensure correct interpretation of the product construct and features to achieve business objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with business partners and leadership across corporate functions such as business development, operations, technology, marketing, finance, and risk management to lead and manage project planning, progress reporting, quality assurance, risk mitigation, communication, and implementation management.
- Work in cooperation with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to resolve problems.
- Conduct market, competitive, and consumer research to understand product demand and competitive position.
- Champion initiatives through a governance process and work with other areas, such as compliance, to adhere to standards and policies.
- Oversee and coordinate work performed by internal and external impacted parties.
- Evaluate product performance and recommend improvements.
- Define approach, action plans and oversight of project execution with ability to do technical writing, data analytics experience, program and API experience, and Agile methodology proficiency.
- Develop Project Plans in Agile practice methodology, drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in product development, financial services, customer experience, pricing, modeling
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field
- SAFe Certification
- Extensive knowledge of Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Prior payments experience as product owner, product manager, business analyst or related
- Proficiency and proven experience in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other product owners
- Strong communication skills- ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong project management/project planning skills/API’s
- Ability to understand business and technical concepts within payments
- Proven experience/knowledge with data files/data transmission/data feeds
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.